Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
They need to get their service centers and hubs out. Lucid have 20 already and listed on their website and all we have is Venice and Brooklyn
Agreed. They dropped the ball on being prepared for these operations. Rivian should’ve already established regional service centers that also functioned as Customer Sales / Experience Centers prior to the start of vehicle deliveries.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Agreed. They dropped the ball on being prepared for these operations. Rivian should’ve already established regional service centers that also functioned as Customer Sales / Experience Centers prior to the start of vehicle deliveries.
The other annoying thing is that Ford managed to build over 47000 Mach E in one year in a retrofitted factory (like Rivian have) and yet it is going to take until the end of 2024 to get to an annualized 50000 a year. This is a very slow build up and I appreciate underpromising and over delivering. But they should aim to get 25000 out next year so they can then export to Australia and other markets in a timely fashion. They need to maximize their first mover advantage with the first electric truck and three row suv.

·
Registered
10 Posts
There are way more regional service and delivery centers out there that you don’t know of. For example, there’s at least one in Colorado (Denver) that’s been established since early November 2021. In addition, just check out the multitude of cities in the Rivian careers section, where they are actively recruiting & hiring service and delivery techs. All those locations already have service centers built.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The other annoying thing is that Ford managed to build over 47000 Mach E in one year in a retrofitted factory (like Rivian have) and yet it is going to take until the end of 2024 to get to an annualized 50000 a year. This is a very slow build up and I appreciate underpromising and over delivering. But they should aim to get 25000 out next year so they can then export to Australia and other markets in a timely fashion. They need to maximize their first mover advantage with the first electric truck and three row suv.
Hold on. You do realise that you are comparing Rivian to a company that’s been in business since 1903! And it wasn’t until 1913 that Ford started using the assembly line. Personally, I’m really impressed that they got more than 1,000 vehicles out the door. And by the way, people should stop bitching about have to wait longer so the company can do things in a profitable way. I’ll wait a little longer to make sure Rivian is around to service my truck over the long haul.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts