Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Sales of the pickup will TOTALLY under perform.
I saw that and just clicked the x on the tab. These guys are a joke. They clearly don't understand the 'adventure' market in any way shape or form. Clearly hardcore Tesla stans.

On that subject, man I am so sick and tired of everyone complaining about what information we do or don't have. I get more excited for the vehicle by the day, but get more turned off by that side of the community more and more.

Yes, we need more info. Learn some freaking patience. If the info isn't there on the day that you are required to sign on the dotted line, then complain until your heart is content.

/endrant

·
Registered
224 Posts
Not sure who they are talking about here. the only thing that applies to Rivian is zero building experience as a company.

But why would you want a vehicle from a company with ZERO building experience, extremely limited engineering might and money, and that does not believe in rigorous prototype testing?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Not sure who they are talking about here. the only thing that applies to Rivian is zero building experience as a company.

But why would you want a vehicle from a company with ZERO building experience, extremely limited engineering might and money, and that does not believe in rigorous prototype testing?
Laughable since Rivian has clearly done extensive prototype testing (How many shots of these things have we seen in action? Hundreds? Plus things like the Rebelle Rally....)

For building expertise, multiple articles have talked about how that was a big perk of the Ford partnership because they were able to leverage some of that industry knowledge to inform their practices. I'll get on board with limited build experience when I see an R1T catch fire during testing, or the roof/windows/hood/etc fly off when driving down the highway. Wait, those are other companies problems, you say? 🤔

Engineering might and money... I mean... they may not have half a trillion dollars, but they've raised multiple billion and seem to be doing just fine given the growth of the employee base and the physical location's constant expansion. I mean come on.

Seriously, these guys are a joke.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I saw that and just clicked the x on the tab. These guys are a joke. They clearly don't understand the 'adventure' market in any way shape or form. Clearly hardcore Tesla stans.

On that subject, man I am so sick and tired of everyone complaining about what information we do or don't have. I get more excited for the vehicle by the day, but get more turned off by that side of the community more and more.

Yes, we need more info. Learn some freaking patience. If the info isn't there on the day that you are required to sign on the dotted line, then complain until your heart is content.

/endrant
110% with you on that Sphynx!
We are thinking of adding an S to the T since we are having s tough time deciding!!
The machine that made me had only made one before - I considered her an experiment but with me they got it right

·
Registered
841 Posts
Well they can knock warranty info off that ridiculous list. Also like @inkedsphynx said, how many more demo videos/photos to they need? The irony of Tesla fans questioning someone else's build quality or testing is laughable.

·
Registered
R1S, Forrest Green/Black
147 Posts
Used to like AutoSpies but the articles and comments are a joke. BMW can do no wrong and Tesla is the holy grail of vehicles. Whats the point of evening participating when the site is obviously thrilled by a very small number of things and does not respond well to outside criticism.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts