Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
American's are hyped for 2020+ electric cars according to new data. Tesla's? Not so much.

Tesla-Electric-Cars-Rivian-Mach-E

Delaware and Vermont are two states where R1T demand is the highest. Ford comes close to Rivian in those states along with Rhode Island and Idaho. Best of all, Porsche's $100k electric 4-door, the Taycan, is seeing more interests folks than the Model Y, an EV that costs less than HALF the Porsche

· Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And that's with Rivian's current level of brand recognition among the general public. I think for a large share of the public out there, once they know about Rivian, they will be way more excited about a Rivian R1S than something like a Model Y.
They should.
It checks off so many boxes that there shouldn't be many reasons for going with a premium German equivalent.

· Registered
87 Posts
Interesting, but Google searches don't translate directly into sales.
Agreed. I am curious about the metrics Google Data used. I’m in Vermont and have been checking... and haven’t seen more than a handful of confirmed buyers/future owners on the spreadsheet for the Reservation Tracker @Administrator started on this forum 3 months ago...

Then again, VT only has a population of 624,000— so we wouldn’t need many folks expressing interest to skew the data! 😁 Go Vermont!

· Registered
1,687 Posts
Agreed. I am curious about the metrics Google Data used. I’m in Vermont and have been checking... and haven’t seen more than a handful of confirmed buyers/future owners on the spreadsheet for the Reservation Tracker @Administrator started on this forum 3 months ago...

Then again, VT only has a population of 624,000— so we wouldn’t need many folks expressing interest to skew the data! 😁 Go Vermont!
Going by the spreadsheet, I'd get my R1T relatively quickly... But I hear about how Rivian has thousands of reservations in front of me. Assuming that is true, only a small fraction of people have self-reported on the spreadsheet.

· Registered
46 Posts
Going by the spreadsheet, I'd get my R1T relatively quickly... But I hear about how Rivian has thousands of reservations in front of me. Assuming that is true, only a small fraction of people have self-reported on the spreadsheet.
This is exactly why it irritates me when the administrators of these forums/message boards/etc. start making claims, as they have in the past, about delivery times, reservation numbers, demographics, configuration choices, etc. These claims are based on a random statements by people that want to discuss a new vehicle on a website that has NO affiliation with Rivian. I stated this fact on a different website and the administrator basically said that they stood by their statement based on the data that was collected from their site. That seems a little irresponsible to me, but then again- it is the internet.

· Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I would be skeptical of any absolutes not coming from Rivian directly. As anyone should. If its backed by good data, sure. Hence why I stuck to a very surface level view here of the Google trends data. At best its a sign of what could be happening to a larger degree if trends persist, whether they have is another question.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.