Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
American's are hyped for 2020+ electric cars according to new data. Tesla's? Not so much.

Tesla-Electric-Cars-Rivian-Mach-E

Delaware and Vermont are two states where R1T demand is the highest. Ford comes close to Rivian in those states along with Rhode Island and Idaho. Best of all, Porsche's $100k electric 4-door, the Taycan, is seeing more interests folks than the Model Y, an EV that costs less than HALF the Porsche

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Interesting to see Delaware and Vermont as the states with the most interest in Rivian. It would be cool to see how Rivian ranked in all the other states.

·
Registered
33 Posts
And that's with Rivian's current level of brand recognition among the general public. I think for a large share of the public out there, once they know about Rivian, they will be way more excited about a Rivian R1S than something like a Model Y.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And that's with Rivian's current level of brand recognition among the general public. I think for a large share of the public out there, once they know about Rivian, they will be way more excited about a Rivian R1S than something like a Model Y.
They should.
It checks off so many boxes that there shouldn't be many reasons for going with a premium German equivalent.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Interesting, but Google searches don't translate directly into sales.
Agreed. I am curious about the metrics Google Data used. I’m in Vermont and have been checking... and haven’t seen more than a handful of confirmed buyers/future owners on the spreadsheet for the Reservation Tracker @Administrator started on this forum 3 months ago...

Then again, VT only has a population of 624,000— so we wouldn’t need many folks expressing interest to skew the data! 😁 Go Vermont!

·
Registered
652 Posts
Agreed. I am curious about the metrics Google Data used. I’m in Vermont and have been checking... and haven’t seen more than a handful of confirmed buyers/future owners on the spreadsheet for the Reservation Tracker @Administrator started on this forum 3 months ago...

Then again, VT only has a population of 624,000— so we wouldn’t need many folks expressing interest to skew the data! 😁 Go Vermont!
Going by the spreadsheet, I'd get my R1T relatively quickly... But I hear about how Rivian has thousands of reservations in front of me. Assuming that is true, only a small fraction of people have self-reported on the spreadsheet.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Going by the spreadsheet, I'd get my R1T relatively quickly... But I hear about how Rivian has thousands of reservations in front of me. Assuming that is true, only a small fraction of people have self-reported on the spreadsheet.
This is exactly why it irritates me when the administrators of these forums/message boards/etc. start making claims, as they have in the past, about delivery times, reservation numbers, demographics, configuration choices, etc. These claims are based on a random statements by people that want to discuss a new vehicle on a website that has NO affiliation with Rivian. I stated this fact on a different website and the administrator basically said that they stood by their statement based on the data that was collected from their site. That seems a little irresponsible to me, but then again- it is the internet.

·
Registered
88 Posts
And the confidence behind the conclusions everyone seems to draw after extrapolating from these tiny, heavily selection-biased polls... All you can do is grab some popcorn, sit back, and enjoy the show.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I would be skeptical of any absolutes not coming from Rivian directly. As anyone should. If its backed by good data, sure. Hence why I stuck to a very surface level view here of the Google trends data. At best its a sign of what could be happening to a larger degree if trends persist, whether they have is another question.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts