Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I was driving north to my cabin when I had a sudden flat. I didn't realize it was a flat at first. Steering started to shake a little, so I decelerated, and then I could hear a grinding noise and at that point I pulled over. I was on the expressway and the right shoulder sloped off very quickly.

I was lucky I had purchased the full size spare, because the tire was wrecked. I had to unpack the bed, to get the jack and wheel out. The owners manual said I needed a 10mm socket to remove the panel for access to the jack point. I didn't have any tools, but a quick web search showed there is a round cap that can be pried off instead. From there it all went smoothly. Jacked up, bad wheel off, new wheel on, and away we go.

Things to consider: first put the truck suspension in the highest mode. Second, set the "tire-change mode".

Also, I'm going to look for an electric jack (makes sense right?)
Tire Wheel Sky Car Vehicle

· Registered
31 Posts
There’s a YouTube video of a tire change (on an R1S) where the vlogger said he’d get a pneumatic jack since the R1S (and T) come with an air compressor. Also, a metal puck for the lift point vs the plastic one that’s included.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts