Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my first call today from a Guide; they indicated that a vehicle matching my configuration was available "immediately"...IF I was willing to change to a black interior instead of Ocean Cost. Otherwise, I was told that they were still aiming to deliver my OC vehicle by the end of April as promised. Exterior blue, 22" wheels. Central Texas.

I need to make a decision by the end of the day! But hey, no pressure! :)

My original reservation was in April 2019.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Tough call, but I keep coming back to "a bird in the hand..."

I received my first call today from a Guide; they indicated that a vehicle matching my configuration was available "immediately"...IF I was willing to change to a black interior instead of Ocean Cost. Otherwise, I was told that they were still aiming to deliver my OC vehicle by the end of April as promised. Exterior blue, 22" wheels. Central Texas.

·
Registered
565 Posts
For me, no compromises - I'm not going to switch exterior or interior colors, or wheel size, etc. just because that's what they have "on the lot". I've done that too many times with too many other vehicles. This time, I've spent a lot of time and thought choosing exactly what I want and I'm not interested in substitutions.

FWIW, Black Mountain isn't really black - it's a dark gray. Probably around #444 or #333.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have an SUV ordered with the OC interior. I’d definitely wait—I think the OC interior is awesome. Not to make your decision more complicated, but I saw a post today from another person in your situation on a different forum who said their guide said the wait for OC could be 6 months. I wish they’d get their messaging consistent.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I'm open on some things. Debated between black and ocean coast anyway. Certain exterior colors wouldn't be interested in. My order is what I settled on, but if they called me with an offer like this and any of the three interior choices, would jump at it. Exterior color, would depend on what the color is as there are several I have Zero interest in. If Ocean Coast would have had an option for a black headliner, I would have gone that direction as my first choice.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yep...which is why I originally ordered the lighter color. I'm also not certain that the glass roof has a shade! On the other hand, I now have a German Shepherd...so the darker color might offset that temperature and cleaning concern...
My model S has black interior with pano sunroof and I personally don’t find it to be a problem in any climate conditions. When you can activate the climate control from your phone it cools the interior very quickly. A much faster cool down than any ICE I own.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Same happened to me.. can take a black interior next week or keep waiting for ocean coast… I’ve waited 39mo so far, decided to continue to wait for my April-May delivery.
Sounded like everything was black interior right now and guide indicated it did not seem likely to be different next month (April). So I’m assuming late May myself.

·
Registered
Red/Black R1T Adventure, max pack, off-road, 22 Sports.
71 Posts
Isn't a black interior a bit hot in summertime Texas heat?
Why not just get it tinted with an infrared rejecting tint? I don't know what Rivian has already done with the glass, but if it's hot, I found that doing the tint on my Tesla made a huge difference in terms of how the car felt. It also cut down on how hard the a/c had to work big time - so you're saving energy (and miles) to boot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
How exciting for you and I am thrilled for you.

Like a few others here, I was a 2019 pre-order with still no word from anyone other than the general letter saying it "should be" April/May. I even sent a letter to them saying if anything is causing a backorder or delay, let me know as I may be open to changes to prevent this from getting pushed back. We will see.

Again, congratulations on getting your confirmation!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just received this offer today as well. I guess they're making all the ones with black interiors first, but I don't know why they wouldn't offer those to people that already want the black interior? They said mine would be ready in a few weeks but they wanted to offer me one this week if I wanted to take the black interior. It just seems weird if they've got a bunch of people waiting to get a truck and how does that work with the founder's edition badging or whatever?

·
Registered
36 Posts

Wow. Tough decision. I am waiting on a Blue/white also and I am in Austin with May delivery forecast
Good luck

·
Registered
9 Posts

I ordered the same, blue with OC interior. Love that combination.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts