Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nice 2.5+ hour drive back from Rockville.

Anyone have any “basic” (tires, alignments, ballancing, etc.) done here in the Chester County PA area? Just wondering if there’s an Indie in the area who’s already got their hands on one vs being the Guinea pig. My immediate need will be for a PA Safety Inspection once my registration arrives. I know that’s fairly benign but even someone that knows how to get it up on a lift without damaging it would be a plus.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just received my RIT on Thursday, dropped off by flatbed.
Temp license plate and registration is drive away 3 month permit from IL to me.
No inspection sticker so I will need to figure that out too.

My first EV and my learning process is steep. all my questions are now, not the hour it was dropped off.
Lots of online research.
Still have to figure out charging on the road, home charger was easy.
Trying to set up app for charge point but can't as I think the rivian app has control of that account, so i hope the app is easy to use when i go tomorrow to the office and try to charge it there...

Fun to drive and great performance.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I just received my RIT on Thursday, dropped off by flatbed.
Temp license plate and registration is drive away 3 month permit from IL to me.
No inspection sticker so I will need to figure that out too.

My first EV and my learning process is steep. all my questions are now, not the hour it was dropped off.
Lots of online research.
Still have to figure out charging on the road, home charger was easy.
Trying to set up app for charge point but can't as I think the rivian app has control of that account, so i hope the app is easy to use when i go tomorrow to the office and try to charge it there...

Fun to drive and great performance.
Congratulations @hardware guy! Which color R1T did you get? Do you have any photos of it? For your home charger which one are you using?

·
Registered
464 Posts
I live in Delco and would really welcome the chance to look at an R1T in the flesh, particularly since the opportunity for a First Mile drive in the area appears to be dimishing. Any chance someone in the Chesco area who's already taken delivery would be kind enough to volunteer their truck for me to check out? I volunteer at a nurse-managed clinic for the medically underserved in West Chester, and am there frequently on Weds and Sat.

·
Registered
Rivian R1T (Adventure - CR, BM, 21", Ordered 10/5/2021, Delivered 6/24/2022), Suburban 2500, VW ID.4
191 Posts
Going to be a lot more R1T in central PA soon. Mine is leaving the factory, guide told me to expect delivery in 1-1.5 weeks (leave for vacation in 1.5, so it seems the chances of taking the R1T would be about 50/50). I was wondering how the temp tag/registration/inspection was going to go here.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I live in Delco and would really welcome the chance to look at an R1T in the flesh, particularly since the opportunity for a First Mile drive in the area appears to be dimishing. Any chance someone in the Chesco area who's already taken delivery would be kind enough to volunteer their truck for me to check out? I volunteer at a nurse-managed clinic for the medically underserved in West Chester, and am there frequently on Weds and Sat.
PM’d

1 - 9 of 9 Posts