1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
I ordered mine in March of 2021
R1S Explore 7 seater
Forest green

1st half of 2023 they said....
Interesting, this makes it seem like they are in fact prioritizing Adventure Package (not entirely unexpectedly) over the Explore. I ordered mine five months after you (in August), and our delivery times are the same. Could also be the location and/or the fact that they expect to deliver all R1S ordered between March and August of 2021 in the first half of 2023. Fingers crossed, but also happy to wait if that means all of the production quirks are worked out by the time my wife and I get our R1S.

In the meantime, it would be nice to get a chance to at least test drive it. Any news/rumors on where the next demo drive/event will be?

·
Registered
2014 BMX X5 diesel
21 Posts
Was told by CS yesterday that Adventure is prioritized over Explore. Ad start deliveries in April or May 2022 while Ex doesn't start until July 2022.

I ordered April 2021.
R1S Adventure 7 seater in Limestone
PDX, OR
1st half of 2023.

Bit annoyed but also in line with original expectations. Hopefully, they ramp quicker. And just maybe a Max pack...

·
Registered
R1S01 - Adventure Package - Compass Yellow - 5 seats Forest Edge
5 Posts
Ordered on 03/15/21 ( Pre-ordered February 2019):
5- Seater R1s Adventure package
Compass Yellow, Forest Edge interior
Philadelphia, PA
October - December 2022

·
Registered
15 Posts
same here.

Oct - Dec 2022
Adventure, Forest Green, 7 seater
Ordered 1/2021. Connecticut
Interesting that you ordered 3 months after me but my window is "first half of 2023". I ordered 7 seater Ocean Coast interior, Granite exterior, and am in Virginia. Not sure what that means, but shows some variability based on one of those attributes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Interesting, this makes it seem like they are in fact prioritizing Adventure Package (not entirely unexpectedly) over the Explore. I ordered mine five months after you (in August), and our delivery times are the same. Could also be the location and/or the fact that they expect to deliver all R1S ordered between March and August of 2021 in the first half of 2023. Fingers crossed, but also happy to wait if that means all of the production quirks are worked out by the time my wife and I get our R1S.

In the meantime, it would be nice to get a chance to at least test drive it. Any news/rumors on where the next demo drive/event will be?
View attachment 4221

·
Registered
5 Posts
I will need to drive one fairly soon (within 6 months) to keep my interest for the next 1.5 years. If they can't do that then I am most likely going to cancel. The other factor for me is how quickly the Ford F150 lightning could be produced. I have the $100 reservation (along with 200k other people). The order process is supposed to launch in January. If they can give a realistic timeline and one I believe I might make the switch. I'd rather have the rivian, but I just don't think I can hd out that long. They need to reignite my commitment with a killer test drive. I have an email into CS to see if they can tell me anything

·
Registered
2 Posts
To be quite honest, why not just hold the reservation. You could easily flip it and make money off of it. Bought my 2020 Tesla Y last year, got rear ended a few months in. Sold it a few months ago selling it for +10K. Someone is desperate and bound to pay top dollar for a Rivian instead of waiting another year or more for theirs. Bought an old Acura MDX for $1500, waiting on my new Tesla Y and the Rivian R1S to come in.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts