Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi there!

I’m Jonny Lieberman from MotorTrend (we did that whole cross country off-road TAT thing and gave the R1T our 2022 Truck of the Year award) and I got my Compass Yellow over Forest Edge R1T Launch Edition three days ago.

I love the truck!
Nice to be here.
Cheers,

-Jonny-

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Sky Plant

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats Jonny and welcome to the forum! Unique color combo that you went with. How does this truck compare to the one you tested for Motor Trend?
Oh man, longish answer, but let me try. Spec-wise I believe it's identical save for the colors. Off-road wheels and tires, underbody armor, all that jazz.

That said, the super glitchy truck I drove for 1,850 miles over the TAT was both better and worse. Why worse? We'd constantly have to reboot the thing, and major systems would stop working or not work at all.

THAT SAID, we had access to a special engineering menu where we could program our own drive modes!! I should have taken better notes, but we could dial up rear-wheel bias and traction fully off for a super rally mode. Stuff like that. The truck also had a Max Power Mode, which not only played the clip from the Simpsons Max Power episode, but then overboosted the motors. It probably dropped the 0-60 time by half a second or even more.

I loved that truck.

Now, we drove another R1T for our Truck of the Year testing, although I didn't attend that event. Agreed with the results, however!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So really more the darker yellow. Hopefully I'll get to see a Compass Yellow in person before buying. I think Seattle is the staging area for PDX. If they had one on the lot there, I'd drive up to take a look. See if I can find the Seattle service center email and ask them to tell me when they have one.
It's a pretty rare shade. Like, down here in Los Angeles, they have dozens of R1Ts. Mine was the only yellow one, and it was there for about three weeks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts