Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Hi there!

I’m Jonny Lieberman from MotorTrend (we did that whole cross country off-road TAT thing and gave the R1T our 2022 Truck of the Year award) and I got my Compass Yellow over Forest Edge R1T Launch Edition three days ago.

I love the truck!
Nice to be here.
Cheers,

-Jonny-

View attachment 6598
Hey @Jonny Lieberman! How have things been going with the R1T now that you're getting settled with the truck? Any issues so far?

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Looks like @Jonny Lieberman had a blast with it over the weekend.
http://instagr.am/p/CfkLEHVPx_q/
Maiden Off-Road Voyage with the Rivian R1T!! Damn, son/daughter. What a freak of a truck. So, parts of Rowher Flats are starting to suffer the same fate as lots of bigger trails—LS-swapped Jeeps on 37s are just blasting the shit out of the rocks, making everything more difficult. The Rivian just ate it all up. I’ll be the first to admit that at times I thought, “Nope!” But the R1T just chugged ahead. A dude in a lifted F-350 watched us creep up a trail and at the top said, “You made it look so easy! I gotta get one!” Here’s the deal; as our own Frank Markus said, turns out that low gears working through a transfer case off an engine spinning at thousands of RPMs is a terrible bandaid for moving in dirt. The solution is each wheel having its own motor and making max-torque BEFORE it starts spinning. It’s magic. 15-inches of ground clearance helps, too. I did scrape the front metal plate, but only because I switched between All-Terrain mode and Rock Crawling, and the former was set to highest (15-inches) and the latter was default set to 13.1-inches. First time I’ve used it! Big deal. Part of the reason I bought this thing was because after 17-years, I got sick of calling PR people to explain little off-road boo-boos. I dropped the tires by 15 psi at the trail head, and used the onboard air-compressor to easily pump ‘em back up (I drove home on low pressure—calm down). Heads up—the built in meter reads a few psI off, so 53 on the display is 48 psi on a decent gauge. But again, big deal. Did I mention how quick this thing dirt-scoots in Rally mode? Man, I can’t believe what a great product the R1T is. Shocked, still. Just shocked. #rivian #r1t @rivianofficial ⛰⛰⛰🤠🤠🤠
Tire Sky Wheel Truck Vehicle
Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Hood
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Plant
Land vehicle Tire Sky Vehicle Car
Automotive tire Hood Grille Motor vehicle Bumper
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

21 - 25 of 25 Posts