Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Exciting day, but also a bit confusing so I was hoping those who've gone through the process can help. Last night I got an email 'Your configuration is ready to confirm'. I have gone over my configuration dozens of times so there was nothing for me to change, so I just confirmed it. Then a few min later, I got another email 'A Seamless Process to Purchase Your Rivian' along with a Guide being assigned (they provided her email and phone number).

Today, I get another email 'It's time to begin the purchase process' and they want me to go through the 8-step process and I see a VIN already assigned.

I thought right now you first get invited to the R1 shop so you can see if you wanted to choose a pre-built configuration. Does this happen later? Do I just go ahead and start this 8 step process right now?

Finally, after you do this 8-step process, how much longer is it typically to when you actually take delivery?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Start doing as many steps as you can by yourself. It took several days for my Guide to reach out and I had some steps done already by then. I was never invited to the R1 shop because my truck was already built and VIN assigned I'm guessing. I also got a text from the delivery team a few days after the 8 Steps email and I called the number to tell them I hadn't even started the 8 Steps and she said "You should be able to get them all done by the end of the week" and she was right! They delivered my truck 7 days after the "Ready to Confirm" email! Ended up not doing trade-in or financing through Rivian.

Location DFW, TX

Blue Adventure Package with Black Mountain Interior, 22 Sport Dark Wheels

Ordered
: October 2021

First Mile Drive: 4/13/22

Guide Assigned: 06/17/22

Let’s Go Email (8 Steps) 6/18/22

Delivery Team Text: 6/21/22

8 Steps Completed: 6/23/22

Delivery: 6/24/22

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow that moved fast for you! So based on what you say, I take it I also will not be invited to the R1 shop as if they already have a VIN assigned, they must already be building it. I guess that's better, I get the exact color/options I wanted. Thanks for this info!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Exciting day, but also a bit confusing so I was hoping those who've gone through the process can help. Last night I got an email 'Your configuration is ready to confirm'. I have gone over my configuration dozens of times so there was nothing for me to change, so I just confirmed it. Then a few min later, I got another email 'A Seamless Process to Purchase Your Rivian' along with a Guide being assigned (they provided her email and phone number).

Today, I get another email 'It's time to begin the purchase process' and they want me to go through the 8-step process and I see a VIN already assigned.

I thought right now you first get invited to the R1 shop so you can see if you wanted to choose a pre-built configuration. Does this happen later? Do I just go ahead and start this 8 step process right now?

Finally, after you do this 8-step process, how much longer is it typically to when you actually take delivery?
There is a difference in time lines for R1T and R1S. Did our agreement in April for the R1S we are waiting for, which may come in August, or September, or later.

·
Registered
From Tesla X to Rivian R1T, and not looking back!
19 Posts
Congratulations! Super exciting!

As recommended, get started on the steps, as It may take a while to complete. When I began the steps, I text my assigned guide to let them know, and also sent a text each time I completed as much as I could. I don’t know if it sped up the process, but figured it couldn’t hurt to let them know; in hopes they’d keep an eye on it.

The trade-in valuation took about a business day, but I submitted trade info on Friday afternoon, July 1 (before the holiday weekend), so I didn’t hear back until Tuesday afternoon. For what it’s worth I think they gave fair valuation of my GMC Sierra 1500 trade.

If you get hung up on a step, or get any sort of error; just contact your guide. I was getting an error when the system was creating the contract docs, so I contacted my guide and he had it ironed out in a matter of minutes.

I, too, was assigned a VIN at the time of starting the steps. So no invite to the “shop”. Only strange thing was having to secure insurance without actually knowing if the truck was coming in a week or 6 months……. but, I’m now scheduled to take delivery on Wednesday July 13th, so I’d have to assume it’ll happen quickly for you too because you have a VIN.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks! It does seem like it could happen much sooner than my Sept/Oct delivery date. I was trying to set up the 8 steps but paused on registration, first step - because I'm thinking it may be worth doing this under LLC and taking advantage of the ;hummer loophole'

Anyone else doing this for tax reasons?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Nah just the standard tax credit for me.

i’ll echo what the others have said so far though i was in the email updated december delivery window and got guide contact 2 days later and confirmed config with my guide changed to forest edge as he said it was available I thought it wasn’t serious but 1.5 weeks later had a vin, finished the 8 steps and delivery was scheduled same week. taking delivery shortly.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Start doing as many steps as you can by yourself. It took several days for my Guide to reach out and I had some steps done already by then. I was never invited to the R1 shop because my truck was already built and VIN assigned I'm guessing. I also got a text from the delivery team a few days after the 8 Steps email and I called the number to tell them I hadn't even started the 8 Steps and she said "You should be able to get them all done by the end of the week" and she was right! They delivered my truck 7 days after the "Ready to Confirm" email! Ended up not doing trade-in or financing through Rivian.

Location DFW, TX

Blue Adventure Package with Black Mountain Interior, 22 Sport Dark Wheels

Ordered
: October 2021

First Mile Drive: 4/13/22

Guide Assigned: 06/17/22

Let’s Go Email (8 Steps) 6/18/22

Delivery Team Text: 6/21/22

8 Steps Completed: 6/23/22

Delivery: 6/24/22

Interesting your the second person (the other in my State of Oregon) who had this similar timeline while my order is ALMOST identical (20" wheels here) to yours but I reserved 3 months earlier but not a peep since my First Mile Drive back in April

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am making purchase through my LLC Business. That’s what created that error when the contracts were being created; despite 21 years in business, financing required I sign as a personal guarantor. So Rivian needed a second, separate, email address to send the docs to. I then received 2 separate emails to sign the docs; 1 on behalf of business, and 2nd as the guarantor. Pretty much the same requirement as all the trucks I’ve purchased for our business use.

·
Registered
5 Posts
order date: 11/02/2021
R1T Forest green adventure package Black mountain interior 21” road tires
Brighton, MI
Guide assigned: June 7?
First mile drive: June 8, 2022
Let’s Go Email: June 11, 2022
8 steps: 7/8 complete June 23, 2022

Waiting……no delivery date date yet. I never expected to get it this soon, but after waiting two weeks and seeing how quickly it has moved for most of you I started bugging my guide this week. No response.

·
Registered
19 Posts
order date: 11/02/2021
R1T Forest green adventure package Black mountain interior 21” road tires
Brighton, MI
Guide assigned: June 7?
First mile drive: June 8, 2022
Let’s Go Email: June 11, 2022
8 steps: 7/8 complete June 23, 2022

Waiting……no delivery date date yet. I never expected to get it this soon, but after waiting two weeks and seeing how quickly it has moved for most of you I started bugging my guide this week. No response.
Do you have a VIN? I’d imagine if you do, then it’ll deliver quickly, if not then who knows. When the local service center text me to schedule delivery, they said “your R1T has arrived and we’re conducting the pre-delivery inspection”…..

·
Registered
39 Posts
Oh from what I’ve seen then it’s likely sooner rather than later but a few have been held for various predelivery inspection things, they will tell you that once it arrives at your service center probably. Mine was ready for pickup two days after it arrived but i took delivery 3 days after so i didn’t have to drive there.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So this surprised me. I signed my purchase agreement yesterday and set up my financing as I will be getting outside financing. Today I got a email from UPS saying I have a package arriving tomorrow from Rivian that weighs 30 lbs. My Guide said it's most likely the wall charger. Did they literally send it out the second I signed my purchase agreement yesterday? lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
So this surprised me. I signed my purchase agreement yesterday and set up my financing as I will be getting outside financing. Today I got a email from UPS saying I have a package arriving tomorrow from Rivian that weighs 30 lbs. My Guide said it's most likely the wall charger. Did they literally send it out the second I signed my purchase agreement yesterday? lol
My wall charger arrived in early June when the emails started. To complete my timeline I’m taking possession today…:). Good luck!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yeah when we took delivery, Rivian employee said number 1 question he gets is about charging so they are probably trying to get them out as early as possible. He seemed relieved we didn’t need to go over that.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My wall charger arrived in early June when the emails started. To complete my timeline I’m taking possession today…:). Good luck!
Yeah when we took delivery, Rivian employee said number 1 question he gets is about charging so they are probably trying to get them out as early as possible. He seemed relieved we didn’t need to go over that.
Interesting. Thanks for letting me know. I just thought it was odd since I have just signed docs the day prior to getting the shipping notification. I don't know if I'll keep the wall charger since the mobile charger will probably work just fine for me. That's all I've ever used at home for my Tesla's prior to this.

·
Registered
30 Posts

My guide has gone AWOL. I had to reconfigure and waste 8 days because I added the manual tonneau which will be mailed to me next year with no alteration to the truck.
I went to the local service center today with my VIN in hand and when I walked i they asked if they could help and I said I want my truck. They kindly searched to see if my VIN numbered truck had been received and it hadn't, almost 2 weeks after issuance of the VIN. They must have had 200 trucks sitting there including quite a few S's. They are way, way behind on prepping these trucks once they reach the service center. I am not sure it they realize we are mostly a bunch of middle aged children waiting for our toys.
I did get to see my configuration, El Cap and 22 black wheels and it did look great,
With the Teslas, the vehicles followed the VINs pretty fast.
I suggested to the service manager they needed a night shift.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My guide has gone AWOL. I had to reconfigure and waste 8 days because I added the manual tonneau which will be mailed to me next year with no alteration to the truck.
I went to the local service center today with my VIN in hand and when I walked i they asked if they could help and I said I want my truck. They kindly searched to see if my VIN numbered truck had been received and it hadn't, almost 2 weeks after issuance of the VIN. They must have had 200 trucks sitting there including quite a few S's. They are way, way behind on prepping these trucks once they reach the service center. I am not sure it they realize we are mostly a bunch of middle aged children waiting for our toys.
I did get to see my configuration, El Cap and 22 black wheels and it did look great,
With the Teslas, the vehicles followed the VINs pretty fast.
I suggested to the service manager they needed a night shift.
Yeah, the whole process is a bit confusing and a black box. But if you got your notice, it should be around a month time frame to actually pick it up. I got my notice on July 8th and ended up picking up the truck around August 12th.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts