Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
From Tesla X to Rivian R1T, and not looking back!
19 Posts
Congratulations! Super exciting!

As recommended, get started on the steps, as It may take a while to complete. When I began the steps, I text my assigned guide to let them know, and also sent a text each time I completed as much as I could. I don’t know if it sped up the process, but figured it couldn’t hurt to let them know; in hopes they’d keep an eye on it.

The trade-in valuation took about a business day, but I submitted trade info on Friday afternoon, July 1 (before the holiday weekend), so I didn’t hear back until Tuesday afternoon. For what it’s worth I think they gave fair valuation of my GMC Sierra 1500 trade.

If you get hung up on a step, or get any sort of error; just contact your guide. I was getting an error when the system was creating the contract docs, so I contacted my guide and he had it ironed out in a matter of minutes.

I, too, was assigned a VIN at the time of starting the steps. So no invite to the “shop”. Only strange thing was having to secure insurance without actually knowing if the truck was coming in a week or 6 months……. but, I’m now scheduled to take delivery on Wednesday July 13th, so I’d have to assume it’ll happen quickly for you too because you have a VIN.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am making purchase through my LLC Business. That’s what created that error when the contracts were being created; despite 21 years in business, financing required I sign as a personal guarantor. So Rivian needed a second, separate, email address to send the docs to. I then received 2 separate emails to sign the docs; 1 on behalf of business, and 2nd as the guarantor. Pretty much the same requirement as all the trucks I’ve purchased for our business use.

·
Registered
19 Posts
order date: 11/02/2021
R1T Forest green adventure package Black mountain interior 21” road tires
Brighton, MI
Guide assigned: June 7?
First mile drive: June 8, 2022
Let’s Go Email: June 11, 2022
8 steps: 7/8 complete June 23, 2022

Waiting……no delivery date date yet. I never expected to get it this soon, but after waiting two weeks and seeing how quickly it has moved for most of you I started bugging my guide this week. No response.
Do you have a VIN? I’d imagine if you do, then it’ll deliver quickly, if not then who knows. When the local service center text me to schedule delivery, they said “your R1T has arrived and we’re conducting the pre-delivery inspection”…..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts