Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Exciting day, but also a bit confusing so I was hoping those who've gone through the process can help. Last night I got an email 'Your configuration is ready to confirm'. I have gone over my configuration dozens of times so there was nothing for me to change, so I just confirmed it. Then a few min later, I got another email 'A Seamless Process to Purchase Your Rivian' along with a Guide being assigned (they provided her email and phone number).

Today, I get another email 'It's time to begin the purchase process' and they want me to go through the 8-step process and I see a VIN already assigned.

I thought right now you first get invited to the R1 shop so you can see if you wanted to choose a pre-built configuration. Does this happen later? Do I just go ahead and start this 8 step process right now?

Finally, after you do this 8-step process, how much longer is it typically to when you actually take delivery?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow that moved fast for you! So based on what you say, I take it I also will not be invited to the R1 shop as if they already have a VIN assigned, they must already be building it. I guess that's better, I get the exact color/options I wanted. Thanks for this info!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks! It does seem like it could happen much sooner than my Sept/Oct delivery date. I was trying to set up the 8 steps but paused on registration, first step - because I'm thinking it may be worth doing this under LLC and taking advantage of the ;hummer loophole'

Anyone else doing this for tax reasons?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So this surprised me. I signed my purchase agreement yesterday and set up my financing as I will be getting outside financing. Today I got a email from UPS saying I have a package arriving tomorrow from Rivian that weighs 30 lbs. My Guide said it's most likely the wall charger. Did they literally send it out the second I signed my purchase agreement yesterday? lol

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My wall charger arrived in early June when the emails started. To complete my timeline I’m taking possession today…:). Good luck!
Yeah when we took delivery, Rivian employee said number 1 question he gets is about charging so they are probably trying to get them out as early as possible. He seemed relieved we didn’t need to go over that.
Interesting. Thanks for letting me know. I just thought it was odd since I have just signed docs the day prior to getting the shipping notification. I don't know if I'll keep the wall charger since the mobile charger will probably work just fine for me. That's all I've ever used at home for my Tesla's prior to this.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My guide has gone AWOL. I had to reconfigure and waste 8 days because I added the manual tonneau which will be mailed to me next year with no alteration to the truck.
I went to the local service center today with my VIN in hand and when I walked i they asked if they could help and I said I want my truck. They kindly searched to see if my VIN numbered truck had been received and it hadn't, almost 2 weeks after issuance of the VIN. They must have had 200 trucks sitting there including quite a few S's. They are way, way behind on prepping these trucks once they reach the service center. I am not sure it they realize we are mostly a bunch of middle aged children waiting for our toys.
I did get to see my configuration, El Cap and 22 black wheels and it did look great,
With the Teslas, the vehicles followed the VINs pretty fast.
I suggested to the service manager they needed a night shift.
Yeah, the whole process is a bit confusing and a black box. But if you got your notice, it should be around a month time frame to actually pick it up. I got my notice on July 8th and ended up picking up the truck around August 12th.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts