Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Confirmed/locked my config today. Guide says the next step is waiting for a VIN to unlock the rest of the process.

Obviously, changing my config to what they’re building now helped. A week or so ago I swapped the manual toneau for the powered version, wondering if that’s what did it? Hopefully they’ll have ironed out all the issues with it by the time I get mine, but prolly not.🦗

·
Registered
57 Posts
Confirmed/locked my config today. Guide says the next step is waiting for a VIN to unlock the rest of the process.

Obviously, changing my config to what they’re building now helped. A week or so ago I swapped the manual toneau for the powered version, wondering if that’s what did it? Hopefully they’ll have ironed out all the issues with it by the time I get mine, but prolly not.🦗
It is going to happen quicker than you think.
I am picking up mine tomorrow at 4 pm.

·
Registered
54 Posts

Hmmm I also changed to a manual cover back in March thinking it would be faster with the issues they were having on the covers, maybe I should change it back to auto.....

·
Registered
54 Posts
Anecdotally*, no/few non-power covers have been delivered so far. It’s an extra $700, but I’m more concerned about how dodgy the power cover is right now.

*Read on teh Internet, so = true.
I had not seen that none had been delivered but had seen a lot about reliability and since I did not really care about it being auto and I could save a bit of $$ I changed to manual but maybe I change it back and see what happens. My reserve date was a couple months after yours so might be too soon for me anyway. I was hoping to get mine by August while realistically figuring December

·
Registered
57 Posts
I had not seen that none had been delivered but had seen a lot about reliability and since I did not really care about it being auto and I could save a bit of $$ I changed to manual but maybe I change it back and see what happens. My reserve date was a couple months after yours so might be too soon for me anyway. I was hoping to get mine by August while realistically figuring December
Please do some research how manual cover work. You might be better off no cover than manual cover.
Hint I heard it is multiple that have to come off and store in gear tunle when not using.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
In terms of getting the truck sooner, manual toneau is prolly the same as manual toneau since then it’s basically an “Adventure Gear” item that ships separately from the truck.

After having a hard cover on the back of my last couple of trucks, it was always a double-edged sword. Great from when there was nothing in the bed, but they all were either not possible to store on the go (impulse purchase of big/bulky item at a distant location, for instance), or still took up too much bed/rail space when “stowed”. So the fact that the power cover totally retractsout of the way is appealing. Not laying flat or completely retracting, easily broken aircraft cables, etc. not so much.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Should I still keep my head in sand and pretend all good. Delivery scheduled for 4 pm today. Canceled at last minute. Found a scratch in door jam and ask them if I can sign a waver. Truck Parkes 10 feet behind glass door. I am not alowed to see how bad the scratche is. Can't walk to my truck that is already paid for.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Should I still keep my head in sand and pretend all good. Delivery scheduled for 4 pm today. Canceled at last minute. Found a scratch in door jam and ask them if I can sign a waver. Truck Parkes 10 feet behind glass door. I am not alowed to see how bad the scratche is. Can't walk to my truck that is already paid for.
Makes me wonder if it’s from closing the door on the seatbelt buckle…I’ve seen that somewhere in these pages on another delivery. That’s the kind of thing that could happen after it leaves Normal.

On a positive note, at least they are trying to give you a flawless vehicle.

Still, disappointing for sure.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Makes me wonder if it’s from closing the door on the seatbelt buckle…I’ve seen that somewhere in these pages on another delivery. That’s the kind of thing that could happen after it leaves Normal.

On a positive note, at least they are trying to give you a flawless vehicle.

Still, disappointing for sure.
I am not worried about delay at all. I was not accepting to get the truck till end of this year or early 2023.
I buy lot of cars some time 2 per year I know it is financially stupid but cars are better addiction than drugs so I have an addiction. But my dealer experience is much better so far than this tesla rivian thing, I don't know how to describe it. My sales man does listen me and make me feel like valuable. This rivian crew is like talking to robot. I wonder how would they treat me once took possession of truck. Like I can't see my paid for truck parked 10 feet from me how bad the scratche is if there is one.
I am sorry I am just pissed. Took a week off from work to enjoy some family trip and kids know moment dad got new car we are gone for a week. Now sitting home and keep thinking should I wait another 3 months for the company who never let me down?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just got my 8-Step unlocked this afternoon.
I learned hard way. Don't get insurance activate and pay down payment or any payment. 8 steps can be done in random sequence. Service center geniuses have better inspection than Rivian quality control team. They might find a paint issue in door jamb or some more hiisen areas like under body scratch. Will hold your paid for truck as long as they want. Rivian stated they can't do any thing about service center staff decision. We all talk crap about F150 Lightning dealers BS.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah, I’m not sure why they want to see the R1T VIN on the insurance card PRIOR to taking delivery. Tesla did not require this hoop for either the MS or M3 at “signing”.

To do what Rivian wants I’d have to add it straight up to my policy, and probably pay the whole six month premium up front until my other truck comes off & then the insurer would have to refund me. I know here in PA there is a “grace period” of a few days when taking delivery of a new car as long as you have an auto policy in force, to give you time to swap the vehicles with the insurance company.

Will the insurance company even LET me cover a vehicle I don’t yet own??

1 - 20 of 21 Posts