Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I’m dropping my R1T off with the folks down here at Gulf Coast Auto Shield taking advantage of the Xpel full front PPF package that was just announced. Talking with the owner of the shop John, he’s a huge fan of Rivian, he mentioned how he hosts events for local car clubs and would love to host something for local R1T owners. Is anyone interested in getting together for a hosted event down here?

As far as recommending a local shop to get tint, PPF, security cameras, these guys are amazing! Way different experience than the first place I went and I’m extremely pleased here! Will post photos here in a follow up reply.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That'd be a lot of fun if you can get enough people. Are you only getting the front wrapped or the whole truck? How has the R1T been for you since you picked it up?
I'm getting the front wrap done and then a windshield film installed as well. Too much junk kicked up on the roads and tollways here in the Houston area to not want something like that. I'm loving the truck, though there are some small annoyances here and there. For example, getting out of the truck is usually a small jump out and I'm constantly pulling off the weather strip along the bottom of the door frame. Or learning that the spare tire well isn't waterproof from water in the bed and takes forever to dry out.

Absolutely would love to get people together for a hosted breakfast and maybe learn some tips and tricks for cleaning this beast at the shop from the detailing folks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’m trying to get the xpel deal here in California. It seems like it’s limited to corporate install stores only of which there are not many. Closest to me is Vegas.
I know there was a quick call to inquire about how to handle the pricing and what the details of the program are. From what I briefly overheard, it didn't sound like the program included wrapped film, rather just precut type ppf. But man, if that's the case then the guys at Gulf Coast did me a solid and even more reason to recommend them!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I know there was a quick call to inquire about how to handle the pricing and what the details of the program are. From what I briefly overheard, it didn't sound like the program included wrapped film, rather just precut type ppf. But man, if that's the case then the guys at Gulf Coast did me a solid and even more reason to recommend them!
For sure. The xpel shop here quoted 7500 for what you got.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am also a big fan. I got my MME done with PPF and ceramic. Plus, I actually saw someone’s R1T when I picked up my car. I am waiting for my R1S but suspect that I will only get it at the end of 2023. Regardless,
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Grille

one of my first stops will be John’s shop. Here are some pictures of my MME. They also painted the wheels and the calipers. My car isn’t that cherry red but I inadvertently had a filter on when I took the glam shot. They do excellent work.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here are some photos of the PFP full front that John and the team did on my R1T here in Houston. These guys really are the best to work with and they will take care of you! There’s definitely a few tips and tricks to be learned about detailing, and just generally keeping the R1T clean, from the experts at the shop. Really, seriously impressed with these guys.

Car Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting Hood

Automotive parking light Car Tire Land vehicle Wheel

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Grille

1 - 9 of 9 Posts