Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Preorder holder since July 2019 and out of the blue I got an email from a guide and had my truck within about 3 weeks after that. Was excited to drive it and for the most part loved it. Then last night, exactly one week after it arrived, every warning light possible started flashing as we were ready to pick up friends to go out for dinner. called support and they had me do two different restarts, nothing helped. So, they said they were going to put it "to sleep" which takes a half hour, so we used my wife's car for the evening. When I came home the truck was completely dead! doesn't respond to anything, Rivian is supposed to come and get it today and tow it to their shop in Bellevue. Did I get a lemon? has anyone else had a major issue like this?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Speaking of dead 12V batteries, has anyone tried to measure the voltage via the wires available near the tow hitch? If there is a direct connection to the battery from there it should be possible. If there is an isolation diode then maybe not.
It was actually plugged into the charger when all this started View attachment 6229
View attachment 6228

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well it looks like it was the 12volt batteries. they replaced them both and did a software update. drove up to Bellevue, WA (about an hour drive) and picked it up. Fingers crossed no more issues. There were a ton of R1T's at that service center. I have to give props to everyone I interacted with on the service/support side. Much more on top of things than my guide was. So, although it was a hassle, it did make me feel better about Rivian.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Good thing about EVs, a lot easier to fix.
Well it looks like it was the 12volt batteries. they replaced them both and did a software update. drove up to Bellevue, WA (about an hour drive) and picked it up. Fingers crossed no more issues. There were a ton of R1T's at that service center. I have to give props to everyone I interacted with on the service/support side. Much more on top of things than my guide was. So, although it was a hassle, it did make me feel better about Rivian.
That’s nice to know. My truck is at the Bellevue Service Center as well. I’m going down on 2 June, hopefully to take delivery.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
615 Posts
It was actually plugged into the charger when all this started View attachment 6229
View attachment 6228
I doesn’t seem like having your truck plugged into a charger triggers recharging of the 12v’s. Either that or they got a bad batch of 12v’s. Hopefully they will push so,e new software ASAP that addresses the 12v drain.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok a little bad news. I got in my 2 week old Rivian at lunch to go meet a friend and the dash board went nuts and now the truck is dead in our garage. Rivian is coming to tow the truck and is getting us a suv rental for our trip this weekend; however, now I own a $80k paper weight! I hope it is a simple fix like the battery issues you stated.
Any one else have this issue?

So more to come.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Ok a little bad news. I got in my 2 week old Rivian at lunch to go meet a friend and the dash board went nuts and now the truck is dead in our garage. Rivian is coming to tow the truck and is getting us a suv rental for our trip this weekend; however, now I own a $80k paper weight! I hope it is a simple fix like the battery issues you stated.

So more to come.
Sorry to hear @Carrollfam350, fingers crossed it's a simple fix. What happened with the dash when you turned the truck on?

·
Registered
18 Posts

So more to come.
At least they are providing you with a vehicle, which is what I was told over the phone if I ever had an issue.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts