Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep seeing posts on here claiming people have received their truck, and then others refuting their claims.

Has anyone out there actually got their truck yet?

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
I keep seeing posts on here claiming people have received their truck, and then others refuting their claims.

Has anyone out there actually got their truck yet?
Hey @tyemoe. Some I believe are Rivian employees, like this guy.
Haven't seen a non-Rivian employee R1T owner so far.

·
Registered
3 Posts
why on earth would they not be putting out production information? Clearly something isn't "Normal" in Normal. Bad news is better served quickly than allow to grow mold.

·
Registered
665 Posts
There looks to be another R1T owner, not sure if they're an employee or not though.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I think you will know that there have been real / non-insider deliveries once you see start to some photos from regular people with actual license plates that have been issued by their states DMV/RMV...

NOTE*** Its interesting that the deliveries seen online so far NEVER show an actual tag or plate.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I saw an R1T driving in the opposite direction from me today, south of San Jose CA. I don't think they were CA plates, and the color scheme looked sort of like when test vehicles are given strange paint jobs to disguise their body. It was basically white with a bunch of thinly drawn shapes in many colors. No effort to disguise the distinctive "grille", though.
I came here to see if it was possibly owned by a member of the public (though I suspected it was a test truck). Judging by the comments above, I guess it was a company-owned truck. Still cool to see in the wild!

·
Registered
63 Posts
why on earth would they not be putting out production information? Clearly something isn't "Normal" in Normal. Bad news is better served quickly than allow to grow mold.
B/c as a private company they don't owe the public that kind of information, and even if they did, it wouldn't be published until ~30-60 days following quarter end.

I think you will know that there have been real / non-insider deliveries once you see start to some photos from regular people with actual license plates that have been issued by their states DMV/RMV...

NOTE*** Its interesting that the deliveries seen online so far NEVER show an actual tag or plate.
How long does it take to get permanent plates in your state? It's about 30 days in TX, and many folks don't like sharing their plates on social media regardless.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
I saw an R1T driving in the opposite direction from me today, south of San Jose CA. I don't think they were CA plates, and the color scheme looked sort of like when test vehicles are given strange paint jobs to disguise their body. It was basically white with a bunch of thinly drawn shapes in many colors. No effort to disguise the distinctive "grille", though.
I came here to see if it was possibly owned by a member of the public (though I suspected it was a test truck). Judging by the comments above, I guess it was a company-owned truck. Still cool to see in the wild!
Welcome to the forum @travisf
What are you driving currently? Did you order a Rivian or will eventually?

@sethgodin also spotted one recently.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome to the forum @travisf
What are you driving currently? Did you order a Rivian or will eventually?

@sethgodin also spotted one recently.
My truck is an F250 Diesel I bought for $900 6 years ago. I'm going to go electric, but I want to wait for the Lightning and Rivian to be out for a bit before I decide which. Rivian is mind-blowing, but I don't know if I can deal with the 4.5 foot bed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
B/c as a private company they don't owe the public that kind of information, and even if they did, it wouldn't be published until ~30-60 days following quarter end.

How long does it take to get permanent plates in your state? It's about 30 days in TX, and many folks don't like sharing their plates on social media regardless.
Thanks for stating the obvious. They don’t “owe” anyone anything; however, the negative press continues to mount. There is little excuse for poor communication.
Now we see they have continued to over promise and under deliver. Having to allocate more resources to Amazon’s van away from the R1’s is one more indicator of performance issues that typically aren’t limited to just one section of an organization.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thanks for stating the obvious. They don’t “owe” anyone anything; however, the negative press continues to mount. There is little excuse for poor communication.
Now we see they have continued to over promise and under deliver. Having to allocate more resources to Amazon’s van away from the R1’s is one more indicator of performance issues that typically aren’t limited to just one section of an organization.
FWIW another theory/speculation is that Rivian is producing/delivering employee customers vehicles. Rivian has 6,000+ employees. Conservatively 500+. Seems reasonable that Rivian would suggest they not gloat until the general public start to receive theirs.

IMO the Rivian employees are customers and should get their vehicles first.

·
Registered
3 Posts
FWIW another theory/speculation is that Rivian is producing/delivering employee customers vehicles. Rivian has 6,000+ employees. Conservatively 500+. Seems reasonable that Rivian would suggest they not gloat until the general public start to receive theirs.

IMO the Rivian employees are customers and should get their vehicles first.
Totally agreed with you. I just wish more "owners" would post their experiences so that those waiting would have something to look forward to. Besides, any positive customer testimonials is good for the up coming IPOs : )

·
Registered
3 Posts
Since Rivian filed for their IPO, they are in a mandatory "Quiet Period" where they are not allow to post any information other than as required by the IPO. Once the quiet period is over (ostensibly when the IPO is completed) they can then post the information. I'm not saying they will, but just that from my experience, companies tend to err on the side of conservatism when in the quiet period and will not post that type of information.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Since Rivian filed for their IPO, they are in a mandatory "Quiet Period" where they are not allow to post any information other than as required by the IPO. Once the quiet period is over (ostensibly when the IPO is completed) they can then post the information. I'm not saying they will, but just that from my experience, companies tend to err on the side of conservatism when in the quiet period and will not post that type of information.
Quiet Period Definition (investopedia.com)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I sent in my deposit over 2 years ago and I have not heard one word from Rivian. I look forward in receiving some kind feedback from the first deliveries before I make my filial decision. I do not understand the total lack of commutation from Rivian.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts