Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!
About 48 hours ago, we received the email from Rivian about the opportunity to buy shares from the company before the IPO. We were told we would be contacted by Morgan Stanley within 48 hours. We have not heard anything. I keep checking my email. We were wondering if others have already received an email from Morgan Stanley about that investment opportunity. We don't want to miss out.
Thanks!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Yes, I have received three emails from MS so far, I now have my DSP account set up with them and have set in motion bank verification to be able to fund the DSP account via ACH from my bank.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi everyone!
About 48 hours ago, we received the email from Rivian about the opportunity to buy shares from the company before the IPO. We were told we would be contacted by Morgan Stanley within 48 hours. We have not heard anything. I keep checking my email. We were wondering if others have already received an email from Morgan Stanley about that investment opportunity. We don't want to miss out.
Thanks!
Yes, I received an email yesterday at 12:47pm ET from [email protected]

·
Registered
824 Posts
I have set up my account, verified my deposits via ACH transfer, and I moved funds into the account to facilitate the purchase and make sure it is working (just in case and since it could take a few days to process the transfer)...

Everyone should be able to do all of this now.

Next steps are as follows:

• Once the Rivian Automotive Inc. initial public offering has priced and its registration statement is declared effective by the United States Securities and Exchange Commission, Morgan Stanley will send you an email regarding the final pricing of the offering. The offering is currently expected to price any time after 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time on November 09, 2021. This date and time are subject to change.
  • The pricing email will contain the final offering price and reiterate the procedure for confirming your allocation of shares. Upon receipt of the pricing email, this website will be enabled to accept confirmations. If you wish to purchase shares in the Rivian Automotive Inc. Program, you must return to this website and complete the confirmation process by November 09, 2021, 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time.
  • If you do not confirm your order by the stated deadline, your indication of interest will be canceled and no shares will be allocated to you through the Program.

·
Registered
116 Posts
If this question has been addressed or answered on other threads, my apologies for asking again here.

Based on history of other IPOs, what is the probability that Rivian's share price declines after the first day, week or first few months? In other words, is it better to buy through Morgan Stanley before Nov 9th or wait a couple weeks/months for excitement to shake out and buy shares at a lower price than the IPO? I am not in the financial business, so have no idea how this works.
I realize I am asking people to predict the future, but based on history of other IPOs, what usually happens within the first 3-4 months?

·
Registered
824 Posts
No, still a range. See above...

The offering is currently expected to price any time after 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time on November 09, 2021. This date and time are subject to change.

·
Registered
R1S LE in LE Green (8/14/2019 Preorder)
190 Posts
If this question has been addressed or answered on other threads, my apologies for asking again here.

Based on history of other IPOs, what is the probability that Rivian's share price declines after the first day, week or first few months? In other words, is it better to buy through Morgan Stanley before Nov 9th or wait a couple weeks/months for excitement to shake out and buy shares at a lower price than the IPO? I am not in the financial business, so have no idea how this works.
I realize I am asking people to predict the future, but based on history of other IPOs, what usually happens within the first 3-4 months?
Look at Coinbase as an example of a lot of hype and then drop after the IPO. They will do well over the next 3-5 years as a DeFi broker but there was definitely a reality check that dropped the share price initially. Most people have NEVER heard of Rivian and won’t be to the point of driving up the price for quite awhile. Smartest to wait and jump in later once the price drops. That being said—my new Morgan Stanley account is ready for the first 175 for fun!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Do you fund the Morgan Stanley account now via ACH from your bank or wail till the stocks are priced on 11/9 and you commit to purchase then do the ACH to the M.S. account?

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.