Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
R1S Launch Edition
35 Posts
Seems way too early, if they say launch is Summer 2021 - best case I'd say for July production, a contact in June may be made, maybe May. Summer could also mean Aug/Sep if they need it to in which contact around late Jun/July may occur. I hate waiting for the max pack which states after January 2022 even.

· Registered
2019 Zero SR/F and 2018, BMW i3
326 Posts
They did say you can change it at any time so my guess is that it doesn't matter. I remember they saying exactly that I could switch to the R1T if I want to once it is time for final confirmation. So my guess is that they will contact people in the LE at the same time.
December 26,2018 - nothing here but I am R1S. I believe they will start deliveries of R1S in August so I would guess June for final configurations.

· Registered
27 Posts
I reserved my R1S in September 2019. So I guess I am getting a launch edition. I haven't heard a thing from them since the configurator. I read this post and went to the GM website and put a reservation on a Hummer. I figure I got to hedge my bets. I have a 2008 MDX that I need to replace ASAP. But the Hummer initial vehicle reservations for fall 2021 are full. So I am in line for Summer 2022. I really want to move beyond internal combustion, but options are few for now and delivery delays are making it more difficult. I can be patient if they would just give us a reasonable timeline. But Rivian spews marketing fluff with little concrete info. That is frustrating.

· Registered
32 Posts
I reserved my R1S in September 2019. So I guess I am getting a launch edition. I haven't heard a thing from them since the configurator. I read this post and went to the GM website and put a reservation on a Hummer. I figure I got to hedge my bets. I have a 2008 MDX that I need to replace ASAP. But the Hummer initial vehicle reservations for fall 2021 are full. So I am in line for Summer 2022. I really want to move beyond internal combustion, but options are few for now and delivery delays are making it more difficult. I can be patient if they would just give us a reasonable timeline. But Rivian spews marketing fluff with little concrete info. That is frustrating.
I reserved my R1T November 2018. I believe I am getting a launch edition even though I would prefer a 400 mile version. Unfortunately I can't wait for 2022, my 2003 Dodge Dakota is getting tired (it has over 285,000 miles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.