Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should be any day now!
I am super excited!
Talking to a Tesla owner yesterday and he almost had a look of envy.
He loves his 3 but misses a truck so bad.
He said by he is on CT wait list hopes he can trade up when time comes.

·
Registered
R1S Launch Edition
35 Posts
Seems way too early, if they say launch is Summer 2021 - best case I'd say for July production, a contact in June may be made, maybe May. Summer could also mean Aug/Sep if they need it to in which contact around late Jun/July may occur. I hate waiting for the max pack which states after January 2022 even.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Should be any day now!
I am super excited!
Talking to a Tesla owner yesterday and he almost had a look of envy.
He loves his 3 but misses a truck so bad.
He said by he is on CT wait list hopes he can trade up when time comes.
When he says he's going to trade up does mean to the Cybertruck or to a R1T?

·
Registered
9 Posts
December 26,2018 - nothing here but I am R1S. I believe they will start deliveries of R1S in August so I would guess June for final configurations.

·
Registered
2019 Zero SR/F and 2018, BMW i3
242 Posts
They did say you can change it at any time so my guess is that it doesn't matter. I remember they saying exactly that I could switch to the R1T if I want to once it is time for final confirmation. So my guess is that they will contact people in the LE at the same time.
December 26,2018 - nothing here but I am R1S. I believe they will start deliveries of R1S in August so I would guess June for final configurations.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I reserved my R1S in September 2019. So I guess I am getting a launch edition. I haven't heard a thing from them since the configurator. I read this post and went to the GM website and put a reservation on a Hummer. I figure I got to hedge my bets. I have a 2008 MDX that I need to replace ASAP. But the Hummer initial vehicle reservations for fall 2021 are full. So I am in line for Summer 2022. I really want to move beyond internal combustion, but options are few for now and delivery delays are making it more difficult. I can be patient if they would just give us a reasonable timeline. But Rivian spews marketing fluff with little concrete info. That is frustrating.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I reserved my R1S in September 2019. So I guess I am getting a launch edition. I haven't heard a thing from them since the configurator. I read this post and went to the GM website and put a reservation on a Hummer. I figure I got to hedge my bets. I have a 2008 MDX that I need to replace ASAP. But the Hummer initial vehicle reservations for fall 2021 are full. So I am in line for Summer 2022. I really want to move beyond internal combustion, but options are few for now and delivery delays are making it more difficult. I can be patient if they would just give us a reasonable timeline. But Rivian spews marketing fluff with little concrete info. That is frustrating.
I reserved my R1T November 2018. I believe I am getting a launch edition even though I would prefer a 400 mile version. Unfortunately I can't wait for 2022, my 2003 Dodge Dakota is getting tired (it has over 285,000 miles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts