Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friends argument for why the Rivian can't compete with say a Raptor is wheel travel
I can't find that
Anyone seen that number?

·
Registered
66 Posts
He is definitely looking for wheel travel (up and down).

From Road and Track, regarding the 2021 Raptor;
"standard-equipment 35-inch tires, suspension travel measures 14 inches up front, 15 inches at the rear, each improved by at least an inch compared to the second-gen truck. With the optional upgrade 37s, you lose a little travel at both axles, down to 13 inches up front, 14.1 inches out back."

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oops I was not clear
RIVIAN wheel travel yes full swing up and down
A usual stat for any 4x4
Seems like they are avoiding that answer
Won't affect my purchase
Just want the stat for debate purposes with friends who Doubt the capability

Is it JUNE yet

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is it? What manufacturers provide this on their model pages?
IDK but I can find the TRX & RAPTOR
Even my Jeep
I put the question to Rivian we will see what the response is
I'm certain someone told me that at a event but I forgot the answer
Doesn't matter just want to have it when debating

Is it JUNE yet

·
Registered
54 Posts
I don't think the Rivian is designed for high speed whoops and jumps like the Raptor. If you want that kind of capability, I'd stick w/ the Raptor, TRX, or certain Bronco models.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't think the Rivian is designed for high speed whoops and jumps like the Raptor. If you want that kind of capability, I'd stick w/ the Raptor, TRX, or certain Bronco models.
Don't think that I will have the nerve to go high speed
Also that hurts 😆
But sometimes you hit some faster than you wanted
With this kind of power I will DEFINITELY have to be careful
But my "friend" lol arguing that even at a crawl the Rivian doesn't have the capability to compete with the Raptor or TRX
Of course it's going to take some head to head competition
But what it comes down to is for what I want to do the Rivian appears to be way more capable than I need
Can't wait to see if it does stick it to the big dogs
But someone will have to be willing to take there Rivian to the limit
I hope I don't 🤣
Boys will be Boys

·
Registered
799 Posts
Isn't the Rebelle Rally more high-speed desert running? Why say Rivian isn't designed for it if they've actually raced in it?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Still Ranting
RIVIAN IS A BETTER TRUCK THAN THIS
LOOK AT THE PRICE TAG!!!!!
IS IT JUNE YET!!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
With this kind of power I will DEFINITELY have to be careful
But my "friend" lol arguing that even at a crawl the Rivian doesn't have the capability to compete with the Raptor or TRX
Of course it's going to take some head to head competition
But what it comes down to is for what I want to do the Rivian appears to be way more capable than I need
Can't wait to see if it does stick it to the big dogs
I saw a video recently of an R1T traversing some gnarly off-road terrain, and it appeared to be lacking in articulation. OTOH, it has a motor at every wheel and instant torque from 0 rpm. I think it will be quite capable, but don't expect high-speed desert running to be one of its strengths, esp. carrying the weight of those big batteries.

I wouldn't worry about the power being hard to control....I can drive my Model 3 like a golf cart if I want, or push harder to beat almost any other car off the line.

Isn't the Rebelle Rally more high-speed desert running? Why say Rivian isn't designed for it if they've actually raced in it?
No, it's more of a test of navigational skills w/o any technology. They had Bronco Sports (the little ones based on the Escape) and other CUVs that would have been destroyed in high speed running. Show me a video of a Rivian doing what Raptors routinely do - blitzing whoops, big jumps, etc. That doesn't make the Rivian a lesser vehicle (I'm on the list, but have never owned a Raptor), it's just designed w/ a different purpose.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Someone mentioned weight
The TRX HELLCAT is 800 pounds heavier and $20k more
I am sure The Rivian will satisfy my off-roading desires but we shall see
Is it JUNE yet

1 - 14 of 14 Posts