Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just curious?? As we are in middle of May now - Has anyone been contacted about your delivery? Or received any updates? My order date was Dec 18, 2018 so I was hoping to hear something by now?
I am sure I am as anxious as the next persons...

·
Registered
145 Posts
I was just curious?? As we are in middle of May now - Has anyone been contacted about your delivery? Or received any updates? My order date was Dec 18, 2018 so I was hoping to hear something by now?
No Joy. I replied to the RJ twitter tease the other day showing panels in storage for assembly. Wrote that instead of more teasing he should post production dates.

·
Registered
R1S LE in LE Green (8/14/2019 Preorder)
194 Posts
Rivian previously told Teslarati that it is already contacting reservation holders with updates regarding delivery timelines. The automaker is also working to hire people to launch a summer test-driving tour.
From teslarati post 5/18

·
Registered
395 Posts
Rivian previously told Teslarati that it is already contacting reservation holders with updates regarding delivery timelines. The automaker is also working to hire people to launch a summer test-driving tour.
From teslarati post 5/18
I call BS on that article.

Most of the quotes in it came from the standard emails we all were receiving. I think they took the leap to say it is May 18th they must have started reaching out by now.

There are some very early reservation holders in these forums, one of them would have spoke up by now unless they were sworn to secrecy. If they were sworn to secrecy, why would they have told someone from an internet site.

Just my opinion....

·
Registered
R1S LE in LE Green (8/14/2019 Preorder)
194 Posts

Most of the quotes in it came from the standard emails we all were receiving. I think they took the leap to say it is May 18th they must have started reaching out by now.

There are some very early reservation holders in these forums, one of them would have spoke up by now unless they were sworn to secrecy. If they were sworn to secrecy, why would they have told someone from an internet site.

Just my opinion....

Just my opinion....
Got it. I guess that is how we role these days with no integrity in verifying facts. Unfortunate.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Just my opinion....
I agree - I decided to have a Chat Session with Rivian today and no new info but was told that some Pre-Order folks will be contacted soon, but no timeframe was offered? What is concerning is that they are saying we will have Test Drive Events before Delivery... All I asked for was any updated info or ballpark timing on when Guides will start making calls.. could not get an answer?
I also also shared some update would be nice as I am sure many of us are all in the same boat..

·
Registered
87 Posts
I agree - I decided to have a Chat Session with Rivian today and no new info but was told that some Pre-Order folks will be contacted soon, but no timeframe was offered?
I never used to have such an antipathetic reaction to the word “soon”...
Me: “Oh no, here it comes again...” 😳
Riv: “Yada, yada, yada SOON” 😖
Me: “Here’s a copy of a thesaurus you can borrow” 😉

·
Registered
824 Posts
Well, with the Holiday weekend upon us, the heat is really on now. Feels like they can make a small handful of calls to people on Friday at this point, just to work through the kinks in their process and get some answers from pre-order customers on finalizing order details (just to say that Rivian has met the commitment they made to LE R1T holders). At least that is what I would do. Then they could deliver 1 R1T by the end of June, and still be within their commitment.

With the limited time for conversations with customers, reaching customers "live" with the Holiday, recording and finalizing changes to configs, then communicating the go-forward plan for delivery, there is a TON of work for the guides I would think.

The other consideration is that the Cat will be fully out of the bag once they drop the first call most likely...

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
603 Posts
If they do a handful of contacts this week and then ramp it up quickly next week and beyond, then I’m OK with that. If they do a handful this week and then go quiet again for several weeks, then that’s just disingenuously checking a box and I will seriously reconsider whether I move forward since it would be a big indicator of something seriously wrong that they are not being transparent with us about.

Reactions: RITVT
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.