Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I received my email today assigning my guide. It looked like any other Rivian “newsletter” email from the subject line so I almost didn’t click on it. I just thought that was weird. Couldn’t schedule my call until 4 days from now. I’m in the Nebraska with no known location near me where I could test drive one of these or see the colors in person. Has anyone been able to schedule a drive and viewing of the colors without having a sponsored event near them? I’d be willing to drive to Normal if that’s what it took. Thanks for any help others can provide. It’s been a long journey to this point and am so excited to see these things in person!

·
Registered
464 Posts
It's great to hear that you have been assigned a guide; that surely means that delivery is imminent. As @Animalhouse intimates, many of us would be interesting learning when you put your pre-order in place and what model/options you configured.

As to a test drive, I've been in touch with CS fairly often about First Mile scheduling. The response has always been some verson of that they (Customer Support) don't get any information in advance of the Rivian announcements that go out. When I asked about being able to go to one of the First Mile events that were announced for nearby locations NYC and WDC, I was told that only those who received notices are allowed to attend. It would certainly be worth seeing if you could schedule a test drive in Normal; that's something I never thought of asking CS during my several chats with them.

It would be interesting to hear from some of the folks who have either already taken delivery, or have one scheduled, as to whether they had an opportunity to drive a Rivian beforehand. I'm frankly not optimistic that there will be a First Mile event in my location (Philadelphia) anytime soon, and would not be surprised if one never happens in the fifth largest city in the country. My sense is that most folks are taking their vehicles sight unseen and it would be good to learn if this is truly the case (or perhaps not.)

Best of luck to you and please let us know how things go.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was trying to track down my actual date of deposit when myself and my neighbor both got our delivery windows last year. I was never able to actually find the exact date. Honestly, I was on this thing from the beginning and was frankly surprised that I've been waiting this long for delivery. Either way, I'm happy to be making my call this week and will update this post with info on how the call goes. Of note, my current configuration is a Rivian Blue R1T with Ocean Coast Interior and 20" All Terrain.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok. Had my call with my guide and it was mostly what I expected. Nothing new really. The most recent emails tell the story. If you want the OC you’re gonna be waiting. Not sure why anyone who really wants a light interior would switch to black/green for an $80k car they’ve already been waiting 2 years for, but to each they’re own. I’ll be waiting a bit longer I guess.
He said he’d try and set up something for me in KC for a test drive, but didn’t leave me with much confidence that it would happen. Tents are back ordered, kitchen back ordered, both of which I’d been thinking about so waiting for the OC to be up and going is a no brainer for me.
Since he’s only the messenger, I simply let him know to pass on the fact that many of us out here think Rivian’s comms division is a $h*t show to say the least. As a company putting out their first line of vehicles, streamlined, accurate and timely communication should be a priority, not an afterthought.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts