Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Azure Flag Rectangle Font Electric blue

Aloha all -

Hailing from the windward side of Oahu. Placed my reservation for an R1T in June 2022. Hoping to be lucky enough to get it before 2024!
Not too picky on colors... the glass roof is my big thing!

Has anyone else here in Hawaii gotten theirs, done a 1st mile drive, or have a delivery date?

Looking forward to reading all kinds of things and staying informed via this forum :)

·
Registered
R1S El Cap
21 Posts
Aloha all -

Hailing from the windward side of Oahu. Placed my reservation for an R1T in June 2022. Hoping to be lucky enough to get it before 2024!
Not too picky on colors... the glass roof is my big thing!

Has anyone else here in Hawaii gotten theirs, done a 1st mile drive, or have a delivery date?

Looking forward to reading all kinds of things and staying informed via this forum :)
Greetings! I would see if you can find a service center there first. It sounds like they're prioritizing locations near service centers or within a few hours drive from a service center. Unfortunately, I think you're at the mercy of local ordinances on EV's and infrastructure for charging. With the amount of issues we've seen, I would hate for you to get your R1T or R1S and not be able to fix cosmetics or whatever else is showing up. It'll be worth the wait though!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would see if you can find a service center there first
Unfortunately, the lack of support for products is a common occurrence out here in the Hawaiian Islands... not just for vehicles, but for a lot of things. We end up being last on the list A LOT!

I doubt they are planning a service center here anytime soon. Closest will probably be CA somewhere...

Thanks to all for your responses... as the time goes by, maybe us Hawaii peeps will get lucky! I saw about 10-12 on the spreadsheet, but hopefully there are more LOL.

I'm thinking Rivian blue, forest edge interior, 20" AT, large pack (islands are too small to need max pack), adventure, auto tonneau cover, spare.

Aloha!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Unfortunately, the lack of support for products is a common occurrence out here in the Hawaiian Islands... not just for vehicles, but for a lot of things. We end up being last on the list A LOT!

I doubt they are planning a service center here anytime soon. Closest will probably be CA somewhere...

Thanks to all for your responses... as the time goes by, maybe us Hawaii peeps will get lucky! I saw about 10-12 on the spreadsheet, but hopefully there are more LOL.

I'm thinking Rivian blue, forest edge interior, 20" AT, large pack (islands are too small to need max pack), adventure, auto tonneau cover, spare.

Aloha!
I feel you from the 9th island (Alaska) and I have a place on the north shore. At least you have great charging infrastructure and a ton of EVs on island.

8 years with 2 Tesla’s up here and my closest Tesla service center is Seattle, farther from me then Atlanta to San Diego. There are a ton of Teslas up here, it’s rare to be stopped at an intersection and not see one. Hasn’t been an issue up here lack of service centers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Should be getting my R1S in next couple of weeks. I changed delivery to California, and will ship to the Big Island.
Looking at reviews and it seems that 95% of issues are solved over the air.
I am hoping for the best.
Ordered in 2018 and don't want to wait another year or two until they deliver to Hawaii.
I figured worse case, ship back to California if something happens, fix it, and sell for same if not over what I paid, including shipping costs.
I'm a risk taker, half full glass kinda guy. I think it'll be ok.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Aloha Kailua808! I live on KBay Drive! I placed my deposit for a Launch Edition R1T on February 16, 2019. No word yet. But I am aware of 3 R1Ts here on Oahu, and I can confirm that they were west coast deliveries and shipped personally to Honolulu (a friend works at Matson). I have not seen any evidence that Rivian is starting a service center here yet either (searching job postings and such). The last announcement I remember from Rivian about the Launch Edition R1Ts was that their goal was to complete them by the end of the year. So I am continuing to be hopeful.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi doc!

Yes, I saw a launch green R1T go by me yesterday on Maluniu and Duck road. Wanted to track it down to see if I could get a peek into the vehicle,but I lost him! Lol.

I placed my deposit for an R1T in 6/2022, so I'm sure it won't be until at least 2024 before I get to configure... but maybe a service center will appear by then, too!

Here's hoping!
Aloha 😉

·
Registered
2 Posts
2/1/19 Preorder holder, west Oahu. Waiting on revised delivery estimate. Current is late 2023. I recently changed to a CA address and will ship it here if I can get them to deliver it there. Saw a white R1T going up Sierra Drive the other day.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Aloha Hawaii peeps I called Rivian Customer Service today and wanted to pass along some info. I am a R1S pre-order holder from 2020. As you know, the delivery estimates have been pushed back again. So I will wait until the end of October to decide what to do, once I have my delivery estimate. I am thinking of changing my address to California and having a friend ship it for me as others have done. I asked the Rivian guy if they might have mobile service vans and technicians out here before they have a service center. He said that might be possible and that is the case now in Alaska. Here's hoping we all get our Rivians soon, I am looking forward to it!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I feel you from the 9th island (Alaska) and I have a place on the north shore. At least you have great charging infrastructure and a ton of EVs on island.

8 years with 2 Tesla’s up here and my closest Tesla service center is Seattle, farther from me then Atlanta to San Diego. There are a ton of Teslas up here, it’s rare to be stopped at an intersection and not see one. Hasn’t been an issue up here lack of service centers.
I talked to Rivian customer service and they said in Alaska now they have mobile technicians and service trucks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Feb 2020 R1T pre-order holder here in Kaneohe. Friends have sent pictures of 2 different Rivians driving on Oahu, so I know they're here. I was lucky to be able to schedule a first drive while on vacation in Denver last month. I'm considering switching to a California delivery as I'm sure that would get me a build date almost right away. Anyone out there that can share thier experience buying in a different state then dealing with shipping, registration, taxes, etc?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Feb 2020 R1T pre-order holder here in Kaneohe. Friends have sent pictures of 2 different Rivians driving on Oahu, so I know they're here. I was lucky to be able to schedule a first drive while on vacation in Denver last month. I'm considering switching to a California delivery as I'm sure that would get me a build date almost right away. Anyone out there that can share thier experience buying in a different state then dealing with shipping, registration, taxes, etc?
It would be great if someone who might know any of the 3 individuals with R1Ts on island could get them to post their experience of buying in a different state and shipping here.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts