Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

· Registered
1,363 Posts
Part time in both HI and OR / WA. Got my guide just now. Trying to decide if I want to risk the headaches of shipping it over to HI and having a serious problem. I always promised myself I wouldn't own a car in HI that I couldn't get dealer service on - logistics are hard enough in HI without those extra complications.
Would you keep your Rivian year round in HI or would you bring it back and forth depending on when you're staying there?

· Registered
6 Posts
Would you keep your Rivian year round in HI or would you bring it back and forth depending on when you're staying there?
Thinking year round - i don't do much off pavement in mainland so don't need it as badly there. But my property in BI is rural and plenty of beaches and hikes require 4WD. Plus you have to haul your own trash except at the resorts on the BI so nice to have the pickup.

· Registered
9 Posts
No, not my only vehicle in HI. Just potentially the biggest risk :0 but I really want to explore the Big Island with it so going to take the risk I think. I see the Teslas being shipped on Young Brothers to Oahu all the time. Some day that will be my repair option too but for now it will be a crapshoot
If you get any info on cost of taking delivery in another state (taxes, reg., etc.), please share. Thanks!

· Registered
5 Posts
Finally got my delivery estimate. They said between Jan and December 2024! Well I am bummed. Did other Hawaii people get the same info? I was thinking of getting it delivered to LA and then ship it over but I am not sure if I want to take the risk without a service center here. I will probably go ahead with my Ford Lightning order and sell that once I finally get my R1S.

· Registered
9 Posts
My email said: "The delivery window estimate in your Account has been temporarily set to “Processing new estimate” as we finalize plans for when we’ll have a Service Center in your area. We plan to update your Account with a delivery window in January 2023." In other words, the can was further kicked down the road. As I mentioned before, I had changed my delivery address to CA but it appears they are holding me to Hawaii. I suspect they know people are taking those steps and want to avoid having vehicles in locations where there is no service center.

I've never started a car company but it seems the least they could do is certify a Hawaii mechanic to work on their cars.

I am going to push back and will advise of any response.

· Registered
2 Posts
Finally got my delivery estimate. They said between Jan and December 2024! Well I am bummed. Did other Hawaii people get the same info? I was thinking of getting it delivered to LA and then ship it over but I am not sure if I want to take the risk without a service center here. I will probably go ahead with my Ford Lightning order and sell that once I finally get my R1S.
Aloha, just joined the forum today. Yep I got the same delivery date. Little dissapointing. Hoping thats just a worst case scenario, maybe they don't know when they will have a service center, or perhaps a moble sevice avaliable here. I would have one more boat trip from the island of Lanai to Oahu, and then to the west coast if anything was to go wrong, so I don't think I would be willing to take delivery from a west coast address. If anyone hears, or if I get any new info, I will be sure to post here for all our Hawaii peps.

· Registered
1,363 Posts
Aloha, just joined the forum today. Yep I got the same delivery date. Little dissapointing. Hoping thats just a worst case scenario, maybe they don't know when they will have a service center, or perhaps a moble sevice avaliable here. I would have one more boat trip from the island of Lanai to Oahu, and then to the west coast if anything was to go wrong, so I don't think I would be willing to take delivery from a west coast address. If anyone hears, or if I get any new info, I will be sure to post here for all our Hawaii peps.
Are you considering any other EVs? Or are you set on getting your Rivian?

· Registered
2 Posts
Aloha Gang,

I put my down payment in Sept of 2019. Like you Iʻm pretty frustrated by the lack of communication and disregard for the Hawaii market. Right now my delivery window shall I use my Hawaii address is 2024, without any indication of a month.

Like everyone else, Iʻm strongly considering taking shipment at an address in the continental US and shipping my truck here. Does anyone have any real information on what states make the most sense? Oregon or California seems to make the most sense from a shipping perspective. Iʻm willing to take some risk on not having a service center but would like to learn from the couple that has shipped their trucks here.

Mahalo

· Registered
9 Posts
Aloha Gang,

I put my down payment in Sept of 2019. Like you Iʻm pretty frustrated by the lack of communication and disregard for the Hawaii market. Right now my delivery window shall I use my Hawaii address is 2024, without any indication of a month.

Like everyone else, Iʻm strongly considering taking shipment at an address in the continental US and shipping my truck here. Does anyone have any real information on what states make the most sense? Oregon or California seems to make the most sense from a shipping perspective. Iʻm willing to take some risk on not having a service center but would like to learn from the couple that has shipped their trucks here.

Mahalo
It’s about $1600 to ship from Oakland. Mine made it here in about a week in perfect condition.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
That's actually my plan... my lightning is scheduled for production Feb 13 2023. Maybe I'll have it by May or June... then the Rivian in a year or more. ;)

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Hey neighbor! I spend half my time on Lana'i as well, and that's also where the R1T might end up... when did you preorder? If you're interested in yapping when I'm on Lanai, let's meet at Coffeeworks for an Iced Thai coffee ☕ 😋

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Posted to another Hawaii thread but re-posting here.

I recently shipped my limestone/FE R1T to Oahu after picking up in San Jose. I have an extra Rivian wall charger that I don’t need. If interested, please email me at [email protected].

Thanks and best of luck to all in getting delivery. It’s a great vehicle for Hawaii!
Any issues with it so far??? Would love to peep it if you're willing to let me meet you somewhere on Oahu 🤙🏻🙏🏻

21 - 34 of 34 Posts