Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rivian's business policies and decisions need help. Basic idea is "find a need and fill it" ... and "the key to business success is return customers". Rivian is inconsistent and indecisive. Losing on customer confidence and breaking faith and trust. Rivian concerned with production but going about it the wrong way. Breaking promises with customers is definitely a deal breaker, even for whatever Rivian decides to produce ... no one will want to buy it ... lose customer and consumer confidence is a road to bankruptcy. Also, if they cannot get off the ground and meet demand with customer confidence by breaking promises early on, you'll see them break promises in support to existing Rivian owners. (IMO).

·
Registered
174 Posts
I think it's just more frustration by those who didn't get picked for these earlier deliveries. It's understandable...I don't know how I got mine so much earlier than others - I'm sure it's primarily the options I selected along with my location. I'm not complaining but I can see how others are upset when they reserved so long ago and still having to wait another year.

But this is what they have to do to maximize deliveries and grow at the speed required to keep investors happy. You can't please everyone all of the time.

·
Registered
27 Posts
What they are doing is totally reasonable. They're flying the plane while fixing it, primarily b/c they're a startup and also b/c of supply chain issues. For me, as I've posted, the quality and weird issues have to be improved if I'm going to continue with delivery of my R1T (max pack--I have faith!) in the next 12 to 18 months. And I sure hope I get the old EV credit. But if I were them, I wouldn't have backtracked on the price raise for order holders. From experience, I can tell you a contractor building a deck or a home or whatever would NOT have stuck with the agreed price as costs escalated dramatically. They cost themselves a couple of billion in revenue by being nice to us original order holders. If they didn't and we canceled, they'd still have sold every truck they can make for the foreseeable future. They have made mistakes, their communication isn't great, but they sure don't seem like an unethical company, just one figuring it out as they go and hoping their burn rate doesn't kill them before they can comfortably raise more $.

·
Registered
13 Posts
very unhelpful and unspecific post and claims.
They seem bitter about something.
Maybe they wanted the explore package, maybe its the bleached wood.
Either way those are small things right now.
Explore was a small portion of orders and wasn't even on the books to be produced for 2+ years.
They have years worth of backlog to work through and I applaud them on finding ways to get through as much of it, as fast of possible.

A smart company knows when it needs to focus its efforts, time and money.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What they are doing is totally reasonable. They're flying the plane while fixing it, primarily b/c they're a startup and also b/c of supply chain issues. For me, as I've posted, the quality and weird issues have to be improved if I'm going to continue with delivery of my R1T (max pack--I have faith!) in the next 12 to 18 months. And I sure hope I get the old EV credit. But if I were them, I wouldn't have backtracked on the price raise for order holders. From experience, I can tell you a contractor building a deck or a home or whatever would NOT have stuck with the agreed price as costs escalated dramatically. They cost themselves a couple of billion in revenue by being nice to us original order holders. If they didn't and we canceled, they'd still have sold every truck they can make for the foreseeable future. They have made mistakes, their communication isn't great, but they sure don't seem like an unethical company, just one figuring it out as they go and hoping their burn rate doesn't kill them before they can comfortably raise more $.
"couple billion" new math?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts