Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The gear tunnel doors on my vehicle unlatch, but do not open so I can access the interior. It shows in the screen that they are open, but they only unlatch, but not completely so they cannot be accessed.
A couple of times there was an error message on the screen telling me they are not working. Has anyone else anyone else experienced this? If so, how did you solve the problem? Thank you

· Registered
55 Posts
I’m not completely understanding…do they not crack open? If so, that’s what they do…they don’t drop open.

If they are cracking open…you only have a few seconds (maybe 10?) to open it…or it “relatches” even though it’s cracked open.

on my truck, I had one tunnel door that properly popped open…and one that barely cracked open. The SC adjusted the latch and it was fine. I experienced something similar with the tailgate….I slightly loosened the black wire latch bracket to center it up in the latch mechanism. You don’t have access to those bolts on the tunnel doors…so best to let the SC adjust it.

· Registered
204 Posts
The gear tunnel doors on my vehicle unlatch, but do not open so I can access the interior. It shows in the screen that they are open, but they only unlatch, but not completely so they cannot be accessed.
A couple of times there was an error message on the screen telling me they are not working. Has anyone else anyone else experienced this? If so, how did you solve the problem? Thank you
When you push the button to open the tunnel door, it should crack open a quarter inch or so. If you fail to actually pull open the door within about 10 seconds it will relatch and and you can't pull it open. You'll then to push it fully closed again and start over.

· Registered
55 Posts
When you push the button to open the tunnel door, it should crack open a quarter inch or so. If you fail to actually pull open the door within about 10 seconds it will relatch and and you can't pull it open. You'll then to push it fully closed again and start over.
I can just push the button again while its cracked open.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts