Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone noticed that the Hester isn’t accurate or consistent? Set temp when out of vehicle to 23 c and it shows 29 c. While driving with heater on the fan starts blowing cool air.
Font Screenshot Electronic device Technology Multimedia

· Registered
9 Posts
Yes, I’ve noticed something similar. Not as egregious as what you’re seeing, but I’ve definitely seen the HVAC system overshoot or undershoot by a few degrees. Then it’ll try to correct which sometimes cause it to blow cold air when it’s below freezing out.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope - only country I use Fahrenheit is US. :)

Yes, I’ve noticed something similar. Not as egregious as what you’re seeing, but I’ve definitely seen the HVAC system overshoot or undershoot by a few degrees. Then it’ll try to correct which sometimes cause it to blow cold air when it’s below freezing out.
Had the opportunity today to take in my R1T to the new Rivian Service Facility in Richmond Vancouver. They are looking at the heater issue. Great group of people (Tobin and Jay) and really interested in getting feedback. Sure these first gen R1Ts are going to have issues, but so far all the Rivian support staff have been very interested in feedback. They tell me that they are passing it on to the engineers and I believe them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts