Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I now have a new Polestar 2 six weeks old great great car and a Tesla y 4 weeks old and it is horrible, it leaks power, drove today 6 miles here in Tampa and lost 30 miles of range, The polestar 2 stays but this Tesla has to go, so I chased Rivian about my Reservation and I got a call saying I may get the chance to get a pre configured RT1 out of Orlando BUT I now see they have changed the configuration I had chosen for $73k 2 years ago but now the battery is smaller and now extras I once saw 1 or 2 years ago, I am lost here, Please help as I see a bait and switch from the days where we had a configuration and mine was cancels but re instated but a lower model and less items as promised.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I don’t think I’d consider that a Bait-and-Switch tactic. They‘re just letting you know what vehicles are available now — probably because someone ordered one and then backed out of the delivery. I originally ordered an R1T with the Max Pack, LA Silver exterior and Ocean Coast interior. My guide told me that if I would accept a Large Pack with Rivian Blue exterior and black interior I could take delivery in 30 days. Took me all of 2 seconds to accept that offer and at this point I wonder why I had to think so long.

·
Registered
466 Posts
You should double check your figures. The R1T Adventure with the Long Range (135 kWh) battery pack was $71,500 before March. The Max Pack (180 kWh) was a $10,000 option at that time. If you have an R1T reserved for $73,000 at the pre-March pricing, you likely have the LR with some options, but not the Max battery.

If your reservation goes back two years, you will probably get an invitation in the near future to access the R1T Shop, or be contacted by a guide, or perhaps as happened to me, both. What's available from Rivian now, and what will be the sole offering for some time into the future, is the R1T Adventure LR. If you're OK with the LR battery, you could, like @rhumbliner, have a new R1T in your driveway in short order. If you want the R1T Max, you're probably going to wait until late 2023, more likely early 2024. If you want the R1S with a large battery pack (there is not going to be a Max Pack for the S), the wait is a at least a few years more.

·
Registered
565 Posts
BUT I now see they have changed the configuration I had chosen for $73k 2 years ago but now the battery is smaller and now extras I once saw 1 or 2 years ago
You configured your Rivian no earlier than Nov 2020 when Rivian opened up the website for configurations and told us what options/colors/wheels/etc. were actually being offered for sale. Rivian has not changed battery sizes since then. The "Large" pack is the default, and the "Max" pack is an upcharge on the R1T. Always has been like that. Rivian has made some changes in the meantime, such as unbundling the tow hooks from the off-road package and making the tow hooks standard, such as including various wheel upgrades for free with Launch Editions, etc., but they have most certainly not removed options or increased prices for the options or done anything remotely resembling a bait and switch. My configuration is actually priced lower than it was in Nov 2020, because Rivian made the underbody shield optional for LE and added free wheel upgrades. All these changes were communicated via email, and you can check and/or change your configuration on-line at any time. Any confusion about what you have configured and what the prices are for your options is solely on your end - Rivian is not "messing with you".

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I now have a new Polestar 2 six weeks old great great car and a Tesla y 4 weeks old and it is horrible, it leaks power, drove today 6 miles here in Tampa and lost 30 miles of range, The polestar 2 stays but this Tesla has to go, so I chased Rivian about my Reservation and I got a call saying I may get the chance to get a pre configured RT1 out of Orlando BUT I now see they have changed the configuration I had chosen for $73k 2 years ago but now the battery is smaller and now extras I once saw 1 or 2 years ago, I am lost here, Please help as I see a bait and switch from the days where we had a configuration and mine was cancels but re instated but a lower model and less items as promised.
I got an email with the new pricing and today at 6am I ordered in the R1T shop a Red Canyon exterior color 22" Sport Bright wheel Black Mountain interior color Reinforced Underbody Shield total $84,990.70 and I will get this great Truck in 3 weeks or less, I got an insurance quote from Rivian of $1200 for 6 months, So any advice of what I should be doing next or insurance etc

·
Registered
90 Posts
I got an email with the new pricing and today at 6am I ordered in the R1T shop a Red Canyon exterior color 22" Sport Bright wheel Black Mountain interior color Reinforced Underbody Shield total $84,990.70 and I will get this great Truck in 3 weeks or less, I got an insurance quote from Rivian of $1200 for 6 months, So any advice of what I should be doing next or insurance etc
Get more insurance quotes. I pay about $425 every 6 months and that's with enhanced liability (because of an unrelated umbrella liability policy); this is from Allstate and the Rivian is now my only vehicle. Rivian's insurance and financing quotes have NOT been competitive, so shop around.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts