Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
It’s finally time to get this SUV!! We moved back to San Diego from Tokyo July 2, 2020 and I ordered mine July 11, so it was one of the first things yo take care of when I got back. I figured I would be wanting a new ride by this past summer so am now officially in “mildly impatient but completely understand” mode. Looking forward to learning more about this community of other folks willing to buy an $80,000 car basically sight unseen!! :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hello from fellow San Diegan. I just visited the Rivian hub in LA this past weekend (to see R1T for the first time) and was rather impressed. Hope you get to see an R1S there soon! An R1T was spotted in the wild here in San Diego recently. Things are happening... just real slowww.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello from fellow San Diegan. I just visited the Rivian hub in LA this past weekend (to see R1T for the first time) and was rather impressed. Hope you get to see an R1S there soon! An R1T was spotted in the wild here in San Diego recently. Things are happening... just real slowww.
Hey neighbor. Yes, very slow but hey that's okay. Let's get it right. Buying a first generation vehicle from a brand new company is not for the faint of heart. I will take the patient route. Cool that you saw a truck "in the wild"!! Let me know what you learn or hear and I'll do the same. Cheers.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forum @BayParkHorn! How long were you living in Japan before returning to the US? What sold you on ordering your R1S?
Hey @MilesK - we were there for a couple of years. Covid cut the work short but it was time to come back. I mean how much sushi can a person eat? :)
As for the Rivian, all the environmental/footprint debate notwithstanding, something just feels right about going to EV, particularly if my charger is run via solar. And I'm actually from Texas typing this!! Plus the gas prices are obscene here - insulting, really - so I figure this will knock my blood pressure down. Lastly, we like driving into the desert, Palm Springs, etc., so yeah the videos Rivian made worked I suppose.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello BayParkHorn and welcome to the forum,

Hopefully soon, there will be 2 Rivian in our neighborhood... I live in BayHo just above Costco and ordered my R1S on 6/20/20. I can't wait for it...

As you can see, I am ready !!
Vehicle registration plate Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Bumper
;)😎

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Hopefully soon, there will be 2 Rivian in our neighborhood... I live in BayHo just above Costco and ordered my R1S on 6/20/20. I can't wait for it...

As you can see, I am ready !! View attachment 3816 ;)😎
You beat me by a couple weeks!! So you just helped me understand how to get a license plate now. You got it on your current ride and then you can transfer it over? Didn't know that was possible. PS - you'll NEVER guess where I live!! :)

·
Registered
4 Posts

As you can see, I am ready !! View attachment 3816 ;)😎
Hi Fellow Bay Parkers
i am a also along time Bay Park person…. i have been here since 1960…
Reserved my SD Silver RT1 Adventure Large Battery pack 5/1/2020 Sounds like there might be 4 Rivians in our hood… hope we get them soon…..😎😎😎😎

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.