Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

I just put down my money to pre-order the Rivian R1S. I currently own an I-Pace and Tesla M3, but have been watching Rivian with great interest for some time. After seeing one for real at Fully Charged Live in Austin TX this year (just before COVID hit) it was clear that the R1S was going to be my next car after the I-Pace.

Happy to be here waiting with everyone else.

Sam

·
Registered
117 Posts
Welcome to the forum @samsoir . It feels like most folks are going for the R1T... but I'm an R1S fan myself. I guess it's the family...

Did you grab any pics of the trucks from the Fully Charged show?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@St00k I managed to get a few.

The vehicles were insanely popular as you can imagine. No-one was allowed to get inside either the R1T or R1S unfortunately. The reason given was that the vehicles were not final and they did not want perspective customers experiencing a non-final product. I personally think that is not a wise move, as I wanted mostly to get a feel of the space inside.

We were allowed to poke our cameras inside however.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Great pics!

I get why they don't want people in them. Those are early prototypes. I can't wait for them to show off some we can get inside.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Welcome to the forum @samsoir.
Did they just have the R1T and R1S on display or was there also some other things at the event, like an interior/exterior vehicle color palette?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Hey @samsoir, great photos of the R1T! I wish I could've gone to the Fully Charged show. Are you planning on trading in your I-Pace for the R1S?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did they just have the R1T and R1S on display or was there also some other things at the event, like an interior/exterior vehicle color palette?
They had the two vehicles and a faux mock campfire with seating between them. That space was used for sales people to talk with current or perspective customers. People that already had money down on their Rivian could check in for additional info. I wasn't a pre-ordered customer at that point so not sure what that included.

Are you planning on trading in your I-Pace for the R1S?
I am actually very happy with the I-Pace in general. It has had some issues early on with the software for the entertainment system, but those have been resolved now. I actually prefer driving the I-Pace over the M3 as for me it is more comfortable (I-Pace uses air suspension, M3 compensates for coils in the seat design), and the I-Pace is just more fun in the corners. As it is also a First Edition I kind of want to keep it in the garage as I think it could be considered a classic at some point in the future.

But if the R1S is very expensive I'll likely consider trading the I-Pace in for it.

The I-Pace is a great grand tour vehicle. I drove it from Chicago to San Francisco in January so can attest to it's long distance grace and comfort. The R1S will be our adventure vehicle for snowboarding and hiking.

·
Registered
392 Posts
thanks for the details @samsoir,
too bad it wasn't a more interactive experience since i'm sure Rivian could use it at this point.
do you know of any other events expected to happen near you in the future?

·
Registered
564 Posts
They had the two vehicles and a faux mock campfire with seating between them. That space was used for sales people to talk with current or perspective customers. People that already had money down on their Rivian could check in for additional info. I wasn't a pre-ordered customer at that point so not sure what that included.

I am actually very happy with the I-Pace in general. It has had some issues early on with the software for the entertainment system, but those have been resolved now. I actually prefer driving the I-Pace over the M3 as for me it is more comfortable (I-Pace uses air suspension, M3 compensates for coils in the seat design), and the I-Pace is just more fun in the corners. As it is also a First Edition I kind of want to keep it in the garage as I think it could be considered a classic at some point in the future.

But if the R1S is very expensive I'll likely consider trading the I-Pace in for it.

The I-Pace is a great grand tour vehicle. I drove it from Chicago to San Francisco in January so can attest to it's long distance grace and comfort. The R1S will be our adventure vehicle for snowboarding and hiking.
The R1S will certainly look great next to the I-Pace if you decide to keep it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Have you thought about which battery size you're looking to get?
not yet, will depend on cost and rated EPA range. It would be nice to have ~300+ miles like the M3.

do you know of any other events expected to happen near you in the future?
the only one I am aware of is the currently planned Fully Charged Live 2021 in Austin TX. I think there is probably a 50/50 chance of that being canceled at this point.

The R1S will certainly look great next to the I-Pace if you decide to keep it.
I agree. Would be sad to loose the I-Pace.

·
Registered
362 Posts
not yet, will depend on cost and rated EPA range. It would be nice to have ~300+ miles like the M3.
Assuming Rivian's numbers are close to what the EPA will say then that shouldn't be a problem with either the 135 or 180 kWh battery.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Why hasn't anybody addressed the charging stations, or lack thereof for the Rivian. Where are we supposed charge our Rivians?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts