Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been saying those who want an actual F-150 lightning in their actual driveway in real life will be paying much more than the $40k-$50k total they think they will be paying. And he we are with news that some dealers are already warning customers of laughable markup levels.

No way I’m participating in this shamtastic business model. If you want and actual Lightning in your real life driveway you will be paying $80k+ and often well over $100k out the door. My next door neighbor just told me his new Jeep Wrangler he ordered came in and the dealer shoved a $10k markup in his face. He declined it. Direct sales like how i bought my Model 3 in the only way I’ll buy a car from now on. My Rivian R1s Adventure will be a late 2023 wait but at least I know when I take delivery that I will be paying what was agreed at the time of sale.

·
Registered
2018 Tesla M3 LR / 2021 VW ID.4 AWD
115 Posts
Don't forget, dealers are there to protect consumers from manufacturers!

I have an F-150 reservation but have not heard anything from my selected dealers. I'm curious to see what mark up they will ask when I hear from them (I am interested in the R1S so not considering the F-150 anymore).

·
Registered
402 Posts
I find it sad that people buy into the marketing from Ford and think of the Lightning as "cheaper" because the "base" price is only $40k. Ford has mastered the art of upselling with a dozen different packages of options on its F150 series, to the extent that actual average sale prices are almost double the advertised base price. I expect the same to be true for the Lightning, even before the dealer markups. If you want a Lightning with features comparable to the Rivian you're going to pay at least as much, if not more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts