Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Long time Tesla owner, currently have a model Y and put my reservation in for a R1S last week, knowing it'll be over a year until my number comes up. I go to tons of dog competitions, so need a lot of space for crates. Can't wait to see one in person and hear about the storage space measurements.
Lisa

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Hey @lalombard, how much space in the R1S do you figure the crates will take up?

FWIW, here are the cargo dimensions: The R1S cargo height maximum is 925 mm with the 5 passenger configuration, and 855 mm with the 7 passenger configuration. The cargo floor length from the second row is 1315 mm in the 5 passenger and 7 passenger configurations.

Would love to see pics of your doggo(s) :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dog Carnivore Dog breed Plant Companion dog

Ask and you shall receive - this is (from left) Swing, 1 year old english cocker, Jonah 9 year old cavalier and Disco 4 year old cavalier. Currently in my model Y I have in the back hatch one intermediate ruffland brand crate (30in L x 20in W x24 in H) with a midsized (22in Lx 16in wide x19in H) crate next to it and another midsized in the passenger side rear seat folded with tow straps holding it down. I'm sure I'll have to do a similar config with the R1S but the extra size of the vehicle will allow for more storage space for me and the pups. I drive around 20k miles a year going to shows so electric vehicles save me a lot on gas.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Long time Tesla owner, currently have a model Y and put my reservation in for a R1S last week, knowing it'll be over a year until my number comes up. I go to tons of dog competitions, so need a lot of space for crates. Can't wait to see one in person and hear about the storage space measurements.
Lisa
Here's what Rivian has on their site for the Frunk and Trunk.

Automotive lighting Rectangle Automotive design Font Technology

1 - 4 of 4 Posts