Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you with a hitch mounted bike carrier you may want to read this thread.

I have a RockyMounts Backstage. When I connected it to the R1T the hitch bolt was too short to lock. It also did not engage the anti-sway mechanism. Contacted RockyMounts and the solution was to grind down the lock from 36mm to about 34mm and now problem solved.
Don’t waste $ on Thule Snug Tite 2 - didn’t work.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Interesting response from RockyMounts. I have a WestSlope 3 (don't recommend it), and RM told me I was out of luck. I asked about your solution and was flatly told not to grind the lock at all, that it would effect the lock's integrity. Oh well. I'm getting rid of that rack anyway, but I'm sure I'll have to do something similar on the next one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
For those of you with a hitch mounted bike carrier you may want to read this thread.

I have a RockyMounts Backstage. When I connected it to the R1T the hitch bolt was too short to lock. It also did not engage the anti-sway mechanism. Contacted RockyMounts and the solution was to grind down the lock from 36mm to about 34mm and now problem solved.
Don’t waste $ on Thule Snug Tite 2 - didn’t work.
How did you solve the anti sway problem? I’ve tightened the heck out of the bolt and still has limited play up and down.

·
Registered
253 Posts
How did you solve the anti sway problem? I’ve tightened the heck out of the bolt and still has limited play up and down.
I have their brand new RockyMounts Guiderail and to avoid this I have removed the lock washer on the lock bolt, once removed I was able to engage the sliding nut and lock the bolt easily and no wobble at all. In addition the rack was on for about 650miles in total and no loosening of the bolt and no noticeable wobble was detected! Far better than grinding the lock itself...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts