Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone replaced the horn or even know if it's possible? I live in an area that has an unusually high percentage of older drivers. These drivers are, often but not universally, hard of hearing. As a result, I typically install a Hella Duotone horn on my vehicles.

Today, just 48 hours after accepting delivery, one such older driver decided to drift into the lane I was occupying. I hit the brakes and the horn and barely avoided an accident. The other driver had zero reaction.

I'd really like something that actually grabbed attention. The Hellas aren't quite right, but I'll bet an electronic air horn could be used and should be plenty loud.

· Registered
283 Posts
I can't confirm any of this, but with Tesla, I believe they have now switched to using the speaker outside for both horn sound and reverse/low speed sound (which is why you can change the noise the horn makes to different sounds). If Rivian is doing this too, then it won't be as simple as just replacing the 'horn'. But I don't know if that's the case...so I may just be spewing out mis-information. lol

· Registered
14 Posts
Has anyone replaced the horn or even know if it's possible? I live in an area that has an unusually high percentage of older drivers. These drivers are, often but not universally, hard of hearing. As a result, I typically install a Hella Duotone horn on my vehicles.

Today, just 48 hours after accepting delivery, one such older driver decided to drift into the lane I was occupying. I hit the brakes and the horn and barely avoided an accident. The other driver had zero reaction.

I'd really like something that actually grabbed attention. The Hellas aren't quite right, but I'll bet an electronic air horn could be used and should be plenty loud.
I'd like to see if there is a way to tap into the on board air system and add a train horn.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts