Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,119 Posts
FREE WIFI is the benefit... I have worked from my truck many times. I have had an issue where the hotspot toggle button would not stay "on". Just required a SW re-set, then worked like a charm.

· Registered
1,679 Posts
Are you kidding? I turned off the wifi and hotspot setting thinking I was going to somehow get charged.

Stupid question - what are the benefits in turning these features on in the vehicle?
The WiFi feature is so your truck can connect to your home wifi and download updates faster or get internet connectivity if you have poor AT&T cell coverage at your home.

The Hotspot feature is so phones/tablets/computers in your vehicle can connect to the internet. For people who have limited data on their phones this may be nice. The real benefit is for laptops and tablets, which are often wifi-only so you can do internet things or stream video. It's nice being able to buy a cheap tablet (or even basic iPad) and let kids stream Netflix without having to pay another data subscription.

My family uses Verizon and the R1T uses AT&T so there have also been a few scenarios where one has service where the other carrier doesn't, and hotspot has allowed us to get data when we otherwise couldn't.

· Registered
659 Posts
AHHHH this makes sense. I think when we first took delivery of the truck, they turned on the WIFI. Then the DLs happened and our family noticed it was severely hogging the bandwidth of the wifi network in the home. Once I shut them off, problem solved!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts