Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Launch Green w/ Forest Edge interior. Adventure package with racks and 20” AT tires. Test drive was incredible. The stopping takes a little getting used too, but it’s becomes normal in 15 minutes. The driver support was the only minor disappointment. It’s similar to our new Forrester and not at the Tesla level. That’s expected to be pushed as an update later. No ludicrous mode needed, it’s ready to go all the time. The varying suspension modes are great. You can be a 911 or a Gladiator depending on conditions.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have 220 nema 14-50 installed and waiting on the rapid charger from rivian. It didn’t come with the delivery. It’s supposed to be here this week. The plug I have worked fine last night. Truck is spectacular.

·
Registered
567 Posts
The Rivian charger does not come with a plug, it just comes with a bare terminal block. It is designed to be hardwired - that's all from the installation manual that Rivian provides.

Yes, you can add a plug if you want, as long as you set the DIP switches inside the charger appropriately to limit the current to 40A instead of the default 48A. And of course you have to procure your own pigtail and make sure its length is less than 12" as required by code. If you have an electrician do the work then I'm sure it will be fine. It sounded to me like you were just planning on plugging it in when you got it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Rivian charger does not come with a plug, it just comes with a bare terminal block. It is designed to be hardwired - that's all from the installation manual that Rivian provides.

Yes, you can add a plug if you want, as long as you set the DIP switches inside the charger appropriately to limit the current to 40A instead of the default 48A. And of course you have to procure your own pigtail and make sure its length is less than 12" as required by code. If you have an electrician do the work then I'm sure it will be fine. It sounded to me like you were just planning on plugging it in when you got it.
Yep, that’s the plan. Thx.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update: Charger showed up 5 days behind my truck. Rails and bike rack shipped Friday. I’ve been getting 13.7 mph on the 220V standard plug in my garage. 110v was giving less than 1 mph charge so that’s not really useful unless you have no other option. Everything is spectacular so far! The camp speaker is great, comparable to my Bose 3.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Charger update. I put a Grizzle at my lake place and a rivian charger at home. Both are on the max settings for a 50 amp service and are both giving 21 miles per hour charge rate on average.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts