Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
I would be interested in Rivian charging station locations in Houston as well. I will be visiting H Town on business periodically and will need to charge up while in town. My delivery is due in April to Wimberley, but I have not received "the call" as of yet. Good luck with all!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Spoke with my guide today. Expecting delivery in Houston by end April. I don't know about charging stations locally - planning to use Level 2 charging at home for the most part.

·
Registered
74 Posts
@R1T Wannabe any issues with TX laws about selling directly to consumers? I'm assuming not but just curious. I'm in San Antonio waiting for mine.
Selling direct / taking delivery in Texas won't be a problem - I took delivery on April 6th in San Marcos; the vehicle was hauled down from Dallas by Rivian.

Unfortunately, we will lose out on the State of Texas electric vehicle rebate...because the $2500 rebate program had the backing of the dealership lobby and only vehicles bought through a "franchised dealership" are eligible for the incentive. Incidentally, there's also been some discussion in the Texas Legislature about implementing an annual electric vehicle tax because we won't be "paying our fair share" of the road tax that's built in to the price of gas...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Selling direct / taking delivery in Texas won't be a problem - I took delivery on April 6th in San Marcos; the vehicle was hauled down from Dallas by Rivian.

Unfortunately, we will lose out on the State of Texas electric vehicle rebate...because the $2500 rebate program had the backing of the dealership lobby and only vehicles bought through a "franchised dealership" are eligible for the incentive. Incidentally, there's also been some discussion in the Texas Legislature about implementing an annual electric vehicle tax because we won't be "paying our fair share" of the road tax that's built in to the price of gas...
Mike in Texas, my R1T is due to be delivered tomorrow in Wimberley. Not expecting any issues, but I am looking forward to the convenience of home delivery. Do you have a source where I can track and comment on the Legislature's pursuit of a road tax? It would be nice to get the trucks together and compare notes...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Mike in Texas, my R1T is due to be delivered tomorrow in Wimberley. Not expecting any issues, but I am looking forward to the convenience of home delivery. Do you have a source where I can track and comment on the Legislature's pursuit of a road tax? It would be nice to get the trucks together and compare notes...
Here's an article about it and it includes a link to Texas Senate bill number 1728: Texas EV Drivers May Get $200-$400 Fee To Replace Gas Tax

RivianATX is in Dripping Springs and was expecting his R1T to be delivered but that hit some unexplained snags (see his post); maybe we can all meet up soon though!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Here's an article about it and it includes a link to Texas Senate bill number 1728: Texas EV Drivers May Get $200-$400 Fee To Replace Gas Tax

RivianATX is in Dripping Springs and was expecting his R1T to be delivered but that hit some unexplained snags (see his post); maybe we can all meet up soon though!
Definitely looking forward to a meet up. I am happy to host in Wimberley if that is central to all. Best of luck to RivianATX!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Did anyone here get to test drive a Rivian in Texas before taking delivery? I just emailed their CSRs asking about test drives in Houston. With the new preferential delivery timeline given to the dark interiors, it is becoming more important to see the car in person so we can decide if we want to change from the OC to BM. I know there is a service center here in Houston and wondering if some of the R1Ts in it are meant for customer test drives.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Did anyone here get to test drive a Rivian in Texas before taking delivery? I just emailed their CSRs asking about test drives in Houston. With the new preferential delivery timeline given to the dark interiors, it is becoming more important to see the car in person so we can decide if we want to change from the OC to BM. I know there is a service center here in Houston and wondering if some of the R1Ts in it are meant for customer test drives.
No clue. My window is at the end of 2022. Have changed it back to black interior for now. But eager to do a test drive. Keep getting photos sent to me of sightings locally by friends, but yet to really see one or walk around one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I received delivery 3 weeks ago. I’ve had a Tesla X in the past. I will tell you the ride is very smooth. Comparable to the X in all purpose mode. A much stiffer ride in sport mode.
The sound system is leaps and bounds better than the 2018 Tesla X. The final comparison for now is the feeling is much more solid than the Tesla. At full lock the X had a very flimsy feel to it. The Rivian has a much more solid feel to it. So pleased thus far!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Congrats, Bflow. What color combo did you get? And did you see/drive the R1T before taking delivery? Assuming they brought it to your house since you didn't mention anything about the service center.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Congrats, Bflow. What color combo did you get? And did you see/drive the R1T before taking delivery? Assuming they brought it to your house since you didn't mention anything about the service center.
You’re correct. It was a home delivery. They flatnesses down from Dallas. That is how all deliveries are being done currently. They are just about to open up an office in the North Houston/Woodlands area.

It took about an hour to go through all the tips and tricks. Combo is the El Cap Granite with the Black Mountain interior.
I did not see the car before delivery. It was a bit of a leap of faith. Honestly, I’m glad I did. They delivered in spades! There are a few electronic glitches that have occurred but I expected that with such an early delivery. All issues were self corrected with updates.
My son locked the main screen somehow when I ran into a store really quickly. Not sure what he did but for a day I adjust any controls. However, the next morning after a charge it resolved.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Soooo cool! Thank you for all these details. If one day a get together is organized for Houston area Rivian owners, please keep us posted. That might be our only chance to see these vehicles in person until Rivian organizes a test drive. I love the color combo you picked. I actually adjusted my build yesterday to this combo. I prefer the white interior but wondering if this will give me an earlier delivery date per that email they sent.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I received delivery 3 weeks ago. I’ve had a Tesla X in the past. I will tell you the ride is very smooth. Comparable to the X in all purpose mode. A much stiffer ride in sport mode.
The sound system is leaps and bounds better than the 2018 Tesla X. The final comparison for now is the feeling is much more solid than the Tesla. At full lock the X had a very flimsy feel to it. The Rivian has a much more solid feel to it. So pleased thus far!
I am in Wimberley, received mine 10 days ago. Not a former Tesla owner, but I share your first impressions regarding comfort, quality, sound system, and amenities. Congrats on receiving your truck. Mine only took 1,164 days to get here.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I went to the Houston Service Center yesterday and a pleasant employee called Liu helped me look around. Only 6 or so R1Ts and one of them was rear ended unfortunately.

Any way, the biggest piece of information I gained was that they will "soon" offer the equivalent of a 1-mile event here in Houston. Soon is a relative term obviously but I'm hoping for that to take place sometime in May. Pure sepculation!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts