Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I just joined after sending in my preorder deposit last week.
Does anyone have an idea of how far out they are going to be with delivering vehicles to folks who’ve pre-ordered? As I’m late to the party, I expect to be beyond August.
Any ideas? Thx!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Not sure, but it sounds like Rivian is confident they can get vehicles for preorder holders for the LE.
Rivian probably has ~40 to 50K preorders between the R1S and T and if only 40% of the people try to get the LE then they have to deliver over 15K vehicles [guessing before of 2021 otherwise the Explorer version comes into play].
Just compare that to the MX in 2015, so a similar Tesla operation with a new vehicle [ they even had the advantage to had the MS platform already in production]. The MX had a rate of 238 vehicles per week.
I'm really hoping they start the actual production line early, and they can get ready and not rush through production.

·
Registered
10 Posts
From what I read on their web site, it sounds as if unless you are ordering the LE, you could wait until 2022 for some of the color + package configurations. I'm a little disappointed because I really liked some of the colors other than white, silver, or LE green but I also don't want to wait another 2 yrs to get the vehicle.

·
Registered
103 Posts
From what I read on their web site, it sounds as if unless you are ordering the LE, you could wait until 2022 for some of the color + package configurations. I'm a little disappointed because I really liked some of the colors other than white, silver, or LE green but I also don't want to wait another 2 yrs to get the vehicle.
The configurator will give estimated delivery times. One more day to get an answer

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yeah we all got start delivery dates. I was wondering why you got a January 2022 date instead of the aug 2021. If you choose the launch edition you'll get it faster, the adventure option is good if you want different wheels
LE was not an option when I configured my R1S. I will need to change my order anyway as I need the Max battery package since I plan to tow a small camper. Rivian tells me that I will be able to add it later and that there will be an announcement notifying of availability sometime after production start. Hopefully this is true because I really want an SUV, not a pickup. If I can't get the Max on the R1S though, and am forced to get a pickup, I will probably opt for the tri-motor Cybertruck. More range (500+ mi) and less money than the R1T. And yeah, much uglier too . .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts