Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Not sure, but it sounds like Rivian is confident they can get vehicles for preorder holders for the LE.
Rivian probably has ~40 to 50K preorders between the R1S and T and if only 40% of the people try to get the LE then they have to deliver over 15K vehicles [guessing before of 2021 otherwise the Explorer version comes into play].
Just compare that to the MX in 2015, so a similar Tesla operation with a new vehicle [ they even had the advantage to had the MS platform already in production]. The MX had a rate of 238 vehicles per week.
I'm really hoping they start the actual production line early, and they can get ready and not rush through production.

·
Registered
103 Posts
From what I read on their web site, it sounds as if unless you are ordering the LE, you could wait until 2022 for some of the color + package configurations. I'm a little disappointed because I really liked some of the colors other than white, silver, or LE green but I also don't want to wait another 2 yrs to get the vehicle.
The configurator will give estimated delivery times. One more day to get an answer

·
Registered
103 Posts
I too had hoped for an estimated delivery date. Instead, the configurator gave me this: View attachment 943
View attachment 943
Yeah we all got start delivery dates. I was wondering why you got a January 2022 date instead of the aug 2021. If you choose the launch edition you'll get it faster, the adventure option is good if you want different wheels

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.