Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the R1S or the R1T have anchors behind all three rear seats for child seats/booster seats? I was asked this question the other day and I'm not entirely sure.

I assume 2 seats won't be an issue because of regulations and space, but I'm skeptical about 3. There's a lot of vehicles these days that can't fit 3 in a row.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
I didn't see them on any R1T and R1S prototypes but the construction of the seats sure make it seen possible. Rivian is probably planning to add them in final production versions.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Visually, the R1S and R1T seem as car seat friendly as the Audi Q7 and its one of the best premium SUVs for this purpose. Can anyone think of others vehicles these might be comparable to?

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Visually, the R1S and R1T seem as car seat friendly as the Audi Q7 and its one of the best premium SUVs for this purpose. Can anyone think of others vehicles these might be comparable to?
I would imagine the Chevy Tahoe or Ford Expedition would be up there for fitting car seats.

·
Registered
7 Posts
FYI - The Audi Q7 has 5 sets of the ISOFIX anchor points (the ones at the base of the seats), it looks like the R1T only has 2 sets and the R1S has 4.
This means both are missing the connectors in the middle seat of the 2nd row.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I’m using the belt for all three of mine, so not worried about the ISOFIX. Awesome to see this picture! Makes me not worry at all about fitting the Diono 3RXTs. By the time I take delivery, though, two of the kiddos may be too big for those and into just minimal boosters!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here's what 2 booster seats and a car seat look like in the back of the R1T.

http://instagr.am/p/CVp78ELrr12/
View attachment 3674
Can I ask how tall the driver is? I have a 2019 tacoma and the cab is barely big enough for my 3 yo in his car seat. His feet are stuffed up against my seat when I drive (I'm 6'1) and I was planning to get a true full size truck but I'm really liking the idea of the Rivian...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Can I ask how tall the driver is? I have a 2019 tacoma and the cab is barely big enough for my 3 yo in his car seat. His feet are stuffed up against my seat when I drive (I'm 6'1) and I was planning to get a true full size truck but I'm really liking the idea of the Rivian...
We presently still drive our 2013 BMW X5 with our Granddaughter in the back with her rear facing infant car seat. I appreciate that you have to move the front passenger seat forward to accommodate a rear facing infant seat . But, I checked relative dimensions of the X5 against the Rivian and found that for all dimensions front and rear the Rivian has more head and leg room by at least .5 inches in leg room, and 1.0 inches in headroom. So while we do have to move the X5 front seat forward, it still leaves adequate -- not great, but adequate -- space for an adult to sit safely and with reasonable comfort in the front passenger seat.
This suggest that the same should be true for the Rivian since it is a bit roomier in head and leg room.
I say this not knowing, course, the height of the occupant of the front passenger seat.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
We presently still drive our 2013 BMW X5 with our Granddaughter in the back with her rear facing infant car seat. I appreciate that you have to move the front passenger seat forward to accommodate a rear facing infant seat . But, I checked relative dimensions of the X5 against the Rivian and found that for all dimensions front and rear the Rivian has more head and leg room by at least .5 inches in leg room, and 1.0 inches in headroom. So while we do have to move the X5 front seat forward, it still leaves adequate -- not great, but adequate -- space for an adult to sit safely and with reasonable comfort in the front passenger seat.
This suggest that the same should be true for the Rivian since it is a bit roomier in head and leg room.
I say this not knowing, course, the height of the occupant of the front passenger seat.
Head/leg room really doesn’t mean anything for child seat fitment. The angle of the front seat matters more.

·
Registered
18 Posts
the R1T manual refers to “anchorage guides” that are meant to make the latch anchors easier to access by pressing in around the latch locations and parting the seat cushions there. It does not say where they are stored, just that they come with the vehicle. Has anyone found these?

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
the R1T manual refers to “anchorage guides” that are meant to make the latch anchors easier to access by pressing in around the latch locations and parting the seat cushions there. It does not say where they are stored, just that they come with the vehicle. Has anyone found these?
Mine were in a plastic bag in the cargo net in the frunk.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts