Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
You're ignoring the fact that Rivian doesn't price it's product linearly or based on a fixed profit margin.
Interesting, I hadn't realized Rivian released information on their pricing methodology. That would be an interesting read. Can you provide us with a source?

·
Registered
206 Posts
I think you’re trolling, so I won’t be responding anymore. I’m adding you to my ignore list.
That's rich coming from someone who has been asked to provide a source and chooses that type of a response. Been a contributor to this and many other Rivian forums, some of which I've been asked to moderate, long before you joined them. Interesting enough I have not had the need to try out the ignore feature, well, until now - consider yourself added.

·
Registered
2019 Zero SR/F and 2018, BMW i3
243 Posts
C'mon guys, we are all in the same boat here trying to figure out things. Sometimes we miss things when typing and creates misunderstandings. No need for this.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Does anyone know if there is any plan for a longer range R1S? The 300 mile range will be adequate, but a 375 mile range that was discussed would be even better. Cheers!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Does anyone know if there is any plan for a longer range R1S? The 300 mile range will be adequate, but a 375 mile range that was discussed would be even better. Cheers!
Yes, there is a plan, but at this stage, it seems to be only that - a plan.

The 400 mile battery option will be available sometime next year.
I originally had a pre-order for the R1S and since I need the Max battery pack, contacted Rivian as to why I was not able to configure my order with it. The response was that it will be available in the future and Rivian planned to make an announcement about it after January 2022. That's a pretty ambiguous answer, and I take it at face value, meaning only that Rivian will release more information about its availability in January next year.

While it's possible that the January announcement will be that the option is being added to the R1S configurator, it seems equally likely to me that the announcement will only be the range and price of an R1S Max pack and that will be available to order at some point in the future.

I've since changed to the R1T, because I could configure my order with the Max pack. If Rivian does indeed announce that it is available on the R1S - and that it has 400+ of range (not a given) and an option for a full-size spare (questionable) - I will change my order back. I'll stick with the truck if not.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'd love to pay $5K for the extra ~100 miles, but it will probably cost twice that.
Wow. Jan 2022 is a long time from now. Battery shortage or just marketing strategy? I think I know the answer is both.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'd love to pay $5K for the extra ~100 miles, but it will probably cost twice that.
Wow. Jan 2022 is a long time from now. Battery shortage or just marketing strategy? I think I know the answer is both.
I don't think the delay on the R1S Max pack is due to either marketing or battery shortage issues. My guess is that Rivian is having some difficulty sorting out the space needed for the larger battery on the SUV because of the 3rd row. A secondary issue could be that they want time to figure out how to introduce the Max option into their production assembly process.

On the R1T, the extra 100 miles is $10 grand more. I'd expect that the price will be the same for R1S, assuming it adds the same range.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Very likely both. They're only releasing one configuration this year. We'll all likely be better off for it. Starting from scratch they probably want to keep production standardized for the first several months.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Plus do they sell enough trucks and SUV's to phase out their Rivian tax rebates, you can double that max pack cost. Is it worth $20-$30K, sales tax on that, and state EV rebates (Colorado gives us $4K). Makes the Max Pac possibly at $25K decision. Maybe able to change out to a newer battery in 5 years for that.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts