Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
In this era of coupe styled SUVs the MX sort of fits in.
Have you checked out SUVs in person that seem closer in size to the R1S?
I used to have a Yukon XL and miss the size. I know this is not as big, but wanted bigger than MX. We haul grandparents with our kids and so we do like having an adult-sized 3d row. Admittedly, we have a minivan, but I prefer larger SUVs in general.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I used to have a Yukon XL and miss the size. I know this is not as big, but wanted bigger than MX. We haul grandparents with our kids and so we do like having an adult-sized 3d row. Admittedly, we have a minivan, but I prefer larger SUVs in general.
If Rivian made a full-size SUV, would you consider it?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have a Yukon XL and won't buy another GM....two issues...one with the credit card and another with their service...no problem with Ford and Rivian....will never get another GM...

·
Registered
11 Posts
If Rivian made a full-size SUV, would you consider it?
Absolutely. I've seen the vid with Shaq getting in, but how far would he drive it before he spent 1k's to modify it; or dump it?? Until I can get in the drivers seat, I'm still on the fence. Definitely would buy the XL; especially with more miles included based upon the size.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the comparison renderings. I am excited about my R1T order but if Rivian made a compact utility vehicle around the same size as my old Honda Element, I would switch my order. The Element was the perfect size for me plus the removable back seats made it a very flexible UTILITY vehicle. Hopefully, Rivian has a CUV in their future plans.

·
Registered
69 Posts
So the R1T is longer than the F150? Yeah, take that you spare-wheeled coal jockeys!
That's a negative, Ghostrider. The R1T falls between the Ranger and F-150. The Ranger SuperCrew length is 210.8", the R1T is 217.1", and the F-150 SuperCrew is 231.7". Also, the R1T is 1.3 inches wider than the Ranger, and a full 8.6 inches narrower than the F-150.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That's a negative, Ghostrider. The R1T falls between the Ranger and F-150. The Ranger SuperCrew length is 210.8", the R1T is 217.1", and the F-150 SuperCrew is 231.7". Also, the R1T is 1.3 inches wider than the Ranger, and a full 8.6 inches narrower than the F-150.
Actually, the width of the truck itself appears to be 7 inches wider than the F150, just narrower due to the mirrors. I would like to see the overlay with the trucks facing us. I like the idea of more room, but there's only so much room in my garage and my wife's Model 3 wouldn't look good with a door dent.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.