Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
No passthrough from the bed to the cabin area, as you can confirm with a quick check of the Rivian website. For long loads, you will need to leave the tailgate down and decorate the distal end of whatever you're carrying with a flag.

The R1T was not really designed to be a work truck, and has a Gear Tunnel for storage behind the passenger seats. There is limited access to the tunnel from inside the cabin.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I hope that between a set of cross bars on the roof and a tall crossbar at the rear of the bed you can easily carry long boards externally and safely strap them like you would a ladder on a ladder rack. Obviously not something offered to owners at the moment but I'm sure it will be in time.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I read that the cybertruck may have a folding rear panel. I don't understand why all pickups don't have a folding rear panel to carry longer items. It's the primary reason I ordered an R1S, rather than an R1T.
I previously owned a 2004 Honda Pilot that was king of carrying 4'x8' sheets of plywood and/or drywall. I loved it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thanks for posting! So I take it that's an 8ft wavestorm on the bottom right? At an angle that doesn't look too bad, but for my 9'6", that won't really work. But I expected that. Do you have the racks? I'm curious to see how a 9'+ board looks like on top. I thought spacing would be a problem, but even on my Model 3, it's fine:
Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Car

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thanks for posting! So I take it that's an 8ft wavestorm on the bottom right? At an angle that doesn't look too bad, but for my 9'6", that won't really work. But I expected that. Do you have the racks? I'm curious to see how a 9'+ board looks like on top. I thought spacing would be a problem, but even on my Model 3, it's fine:
View attachment 5550
I can't believe I didn't get better pictures at the First Mile Event, but they had a surfboard on top with the racks . . . it was maybe a 7' and change board, but I think the distance between the racks is pretty far apart. At least I hope so, its definitely the set up I have configured . . . the gear tunnel doors are OK for getting to the back rack, but the front was a bit of a stretch and probably need to access that from the front door area. But still I think the 9 footers will do fine up top of the cab area.

·
Registered
11 Posts
In my Tesla model Y I can carry 9' boards and close the hatch. Is there a passthrough from the bed to the cabin?
In my current truck (a Tacoma) I use a ladder rack to transport long items. I wonder if something similar will be available for the R1T? If you could mount them on the bed and have it raise to the level of the rack on the roof, that would be perfect!

·
Registered
65 Posts
In my current truck (a Tacoma) I use a ladder rack to transport long items. I wonder if something similar will be available for the R1T? If you could mount them on the bed and have it raise to the level of the rack on the roof, that would be perfect!
They will probably have something like that available but you won't need it. The spacing at the top is enough, I looked at it when we did our mobile drive the other day. I can mount the 9ft board on top racks if I want to as spacing was more than my model 3 even. R1t spacing 36" on top, whereas my Model 3 is only 28".

1 - 15 of 15 Posts