Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the rear windshield of every Rivian R1T test vehicle is a sticker that indicates a state. So far, photos of R1T's with TN, NY, MA, MS, TX, NM, KS, AR, ID and VT states have been going around. There are likely others too. This will be a cool way to track them and discover new ones as more photos show up.
Rivian-R1T-01.jpg
Rivian-R1T-02.jpg
Rivian-R1T-03.jpg
Rivian-R1T-04.jpg
Rivian-R1T-05.jpg
Rivian-R1T-06.jpg
Rivian-R1T-07.jpg
Rivian-R1T-08.jpg
Rivian-R1T-09.jpg
Rivian-R1T-10.jpg

·
Registered
646 Posts
Hmm really interesting, I wonder if that means they have 50 prototypes on the go. Unless my eyes are failing me that's:

Tennessee
New York
Massachusetts
Mississippi
Texas
New Mexico
Kansas
Arkansas
Idaho
Vermont
South Dakota

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm really interesting, I wonder if that means they have 50 prototypes on the go. Unless my eyes are failing me that's:

Tennessee
New York
Massachusetts
Mississippi
Texas
New Mexico
Kansas
Arkansas
Idaho
Vermont
South Dakota
Its very common for well established automakers to have hundreds of prototypes out for testing leading up to production kick off. So I would say 50 is a very safe estimate. Even 100 would be. But I think Rivian has more than that to help collect all the necessary data within the time constraints they're up against.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Its very common for well established automakers to have hundreds of prototypes out for testing leading up to production kick off. So I would say 50 is a very safe estimate. Even 100 would be. But I think Rivian has more than that to help collect all the necessary data within the time constraints they're up against.
There could be more than 50 because there's some prototypes that have been spotted without one of these stickers.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There could be more than 50 because there's some prototypes that have been spotted without one of these stickers.
It will be interesting to see how much this list can grow. But they likely tell us how many in the end.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts