Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As production time approaches, I am ready with my home charger already installed. But will there be a sufficient number of chargers in the places that I may go. While it was suggested that Rivian will promote the placement of chargers in the out of the way places they think Rivian drivers will go on adventures, will we be able to get there if the distance from home to adventure is more than 400 miles?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Rivian's EAVs will use the CCS protocol for charging. There a dozen of charging networks out there today that can be used by a Rivian EAV. Electrify America and ChargePoint probably have the most out there at this time. Couple that with Rivian's Adventure Network (RAN) should provide the adventurer with destination charging. Even though the specific locations of charging stations in the RAN are not known yet, you can today go to A Better Route Planner, select one of the 6 Rivian configurations along with providing your From and To destinations, to get an idea of the charging stations along your route. ABRP is nice travel planning tool for EVs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts