Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
I sure would like more info on the "Reinforced Underbody Shield". How much does it weigh? What is its composition? does it integrate and look the same or different than a non-reinforced-underbody shield? Does it affect aerodynamics?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I sure would like more info on the "Reinforced Underbody Shield". How much does it weigh? What is its composition? does it integrate and look the same or different than a non-reinforced-underbody shield? Does it affect aerodynamics?
Carbon fiber. I did not ask about the weight but i was told it goes right over the battery, then aluminum over it, and then steel on the outer layer. Without the upgrade, it’s only the aluminum and steel layers.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Carbon fiber. I did not ask about the weight but i was told it goes right over the battery, then aluminum over it, and then steel for the outer layer.
I've been going back and forth about this but I think I'm going to stick with it. Range won't be impacted by any appreciable amount, and while it costs $1700, which is stupid, it's going to save your ass at least once if you offroad and you probably get the money back on resale if you decide to sell the truck before its value tanks due to old age.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been going back and forth about this but I think I'm going to stick with it. Range won't be impacted by any appreciable amount, and while it costs $1700, which is stupid, it's going to save your ass at least once if you offroad and you probably get the money back on resale if you decide to sell the truck before its value tanks due to old age.
I think I’ll be ok without. I don’t see myself crawling rocks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts