Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

Hummer EV SUV leaked

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  azbill 
#1 ·

From GM's EV announcement today

See less See more
#5 ·
Interesting. We have seen how much testing Rivian did with their vehicles. Hummer seems to be following suit. I do not remember ever seeing Tesla doing / announcing this much testing with their truck nor cars for that matter. BUT, I say that under my breath because I do not follow Tesla that much.

#6 ·
The "Big 3" have tended to keep testing under wraps, I know this because my father in-law used to drive at the Volvo test track in Arizona and I got to visit there with him a couple of times. They tested cars there that never made it to production. GM seems to be much more vocal about EVs now with the new battery plant (Ultium) and platforms (BEV3 and BT1). Hummer EV is the first of many new EVs they will produce, the Cadillac Lyric and 2nd gen Bolt EUV are not far behind.

Just as another example, they have released this info about range increase in the Ultium batteries, which are not even in production yet:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.