Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone concerned about the long-term reliability of these bad boys? The wrangler struggles to keep its quick disconnect sway bars functioning properly, and they have way less moving parts. Regardless, theses sway bars are badass.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Anyone concerned about the long-term reliability of these bad boys? The wrangler struggles to keep its quick disconnect sway bars functioning properly, and they have way less moving parts. Regardless, theses sway bars are badass.
Assuming you mean Rivians, don’t think they even have sway bars. They have a sophisticated cross linked suspension w/ hydraulic dampening and roll control system … connected without using physical sway bars.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had a Infinity QX56 that had Hydralic Body Control suspension system... It worked amazingly well as we could take that beast through on ramps at nearly 50MPH, however it did become a repair nightmare. There we fluid containers that had to be pressurized perfectly, one leaked... system needed drained. Dealer was quoting nearly $5K to fix. I ended up buying a used replacement tank from a junk yard and had my local mechanic pressurize it... sold it shortly after as was worried I was driving a ticking time bomb. Rivian system seems similiar... so there is always risk that comes with complexity. Hopefully a good warranty and solid financials in coming years.

·
Registered
71 Posts
This is basically how the suspension is supposed to work, and its awesome:

Citroen developed and finally installed this type of system in 1955, yup 1955. The Car & Driver article below (from 2015) says that Citroen will be canceling the system in its next new car and if that happened in 2015 we are discussing a technology that was proven through 60 years of use. I love that Rivian is using the system.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.