Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I created a 6 question survey R1T Mileage & Service to track miles vs date delivered and any service issues.

I've got 26 responses so far. Projecting these results, it suggests owners have driven the R1T over 33 Million miles so far.

There have been more service requirements than I would have guessed. About 2/3rds of us have brought our Rivian in to the service center to have something resolved. 90% of us had the issue fixed (I am one of those). I wonder if this patter holds true for you or not, so please fill in the survey. I am for 100 owner responses so we can see what type of issues are most common. I'd like to repeat the survey later in the year so see how Rivian is doing on reliability. I'll post the results here when I get to 100 responses.

·
Registered
46 Posts
4500mi for me in 2 months.
I had an alignment issue - fixed (took 2 attempts for rivian to fix it)
Panel gaps issue - not fully fixed but I don't care anymore
Software glitches - some of them happened once and never came back. Just left it alone

And the most major issue - my car has multiply panels that are painted like with different paint. Some of them look like the machine which paints the body at the factory was out of paint and was spraying nothing on it. One door has a different shade when it is sunny outside.

I spoke with Rivian, and they offered to repaint the door, but will it help?

I showed the car to a friend of mine who runs the body shop. The door doesn't have any repair marks or evidence of it being repainted. Also, we used a meter to check paint thickness and it showed an even layer of coating around the whole car.

I really like the truck but every time the sun is out it drives me crazy to see that paint issue :D I'm not sure if I want rivian to repaint the whole car. They have agreed to respray the door, but not sure about the whole car )))

1 - 2 of 2 Posts