Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am scheduled for an April - June delivery and I got my finalize selection email and guide last week while on vacation. I asked if that meant I moved up and would be getting it sooner, and my guide did not seem to know.

· Registered
789 Posts
All it means is that you're locked into your configuration, so make sure you have all the little things correct, like spare tire etc. They may give you the opportunity to access the R1 shop to switch to an available vehicle to get it sooner, but chances are that once you've locked your configuration you should get your 8-steps within your delivery window or sooner.

Locking you into a configuration allows Rivian to improve production planning and delivery estimates. Since the beginning of this year they have started to lock people in early, because in the past they have had enormous planning problems dealing with people who constantly switch configurations (some of this is indecision, some of this is trying to game the system), with these switches happening sometimes even after the vehicle has started assembly. Allowing people to switch at any time is one of the things that contributes to all the R1Ts in the R1 shop. Locking people in is also one of the reasons you won't be seeing too many R1S in the shop, because with this new policy of locking people in early they now have a confirmed buyer for each configuration they assemble.

· Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All it means is that you're locked into your configuration, so make sure you have all the little things correct, like spare tire etc. They may give you the opportunity to access the R1 shop to switch to an available vehicle to get it sooner, but chances are that once you've locked your configuration you should get your 8-steps within your delivery window or sooner.

Locking you into a configuration allows Rivian to improve production planning and delivery estimates. Since the beginning of this year they have started to lock people in early, because in the past they have had enormous planning problems dealing with people who constantly switch configurations (some of this is indecision, some of this is trying to game the system), with these switches happening sometimes even after the vehicle has started assembly. Allowing people to switch at any time is one of the things that contributes to all the R1Ts in the R1 shop. Locking people in is also one of the reasons you won't be seeing too many R1S in the shop, because with this new policy of locking people in early they now have a confirmed buyer for each configuration they assemble.
Thank you, appreciate it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts