Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Congratulations, I'll bet you are excited.

As a day one (11-26-2018) pre-order R1T LE,FE,20" AT, living in central Illinois, I got screwed!

I got the email about the price increase and looked at my account to find they raised the price by $12,500 ! No guide contact.

·
Registered
15 Posts
RJ's letter said ti would take several days for the price rollback to be reflected in our accounts. If they have to adjust 50K+ accounts, I hope they will take the time to get them all updated accurately. Imagine the blowback if they get this wrong. I currently have a July-September 2022 delivery window so in my case they have plenty of time. Their priority should be the customers whose vehicles are nearer the delivery end of the production pipeline. I really hope they can fully recover from this fiasco.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The call comes from an 888 number, just got mine this past Tuesday. On that call I was also told 4-6 weeks and had my follow up call scheduled for yesterday. Yesterday my guide told me my truck was already on the transport to Costa Mesa and it would arrive in a few days to their center. She said it can take a few days to a few weeks to prep the truck and get it ready for delivery so revised that 4-6 weeks to 1-3 weeks so it should be coming soon. Hopefully on your call, you will get similar news.

·
Registered
393 Posts
The call comes from an 888 number, just got mine this past Tuesday. On that call I was also told 4-6 weeks and had my follow up call scheduled for yesterday. Yesterday my guide told me my truck was already on the transport to Costa Mesa and it would arrive in a few days to their center. She said it can take a few days to a few weeks to prep the truck and get it ready for delivery so revised that 4-6 weeks to 1-3 weeks so it should be coming soon. Hopefully on your call, you will get similar news.
Interesting, I did not know the Costa Mesa service center was open. Might have to drive by there.

·
Registered
71 Posts
That is when I made my reservation for my R1S. Feb 9th to be exact. Somehow you got the price locked in and I didn't. More fuel for the haters, of which I am currently a Presidential candidate.
Give them time. My R1T Explore reservation still shows the higher price but I know I’m still very far away from delivery (2023 ?) so I’m not concerned with them getting my configuration cost straightened out immediately. I have a CS chat saying that it would be corrected soon. Your R1S reservation (even an LE) is far enough out that I wouldn’t be concerned. They now have to build a system that reflects our reservation dates and address our ability to modify our reservation without moving us to the post March 1 reservation cost.
Hold on tight (shit, I should get paid for this!) they will get it straightened out for us.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Interesting. I am a January 2019 pre order in Georgia. I guess geography is playing a part in the delivery process. Also, when I called to express concern about my phone filtering spam/robo calls, I was told that I would get an email first to set up the call.
Congratulations on you call!

·
Registered
1 Posts
RJ's letter said ti would take several days for the price rollback to be reflected in our accounts. If they have to adjust 50K+ accounts, I hope they will take the time to get them all updated accurately. Imagine the blowback if they get this wrong. I currently have a July-September 2022 delivery window so in my case they have plenty of time. Their priority should be the customers whose vehicles are nearer the delivery end of the production pipeline. I really hope they can fully recover from this fiasco.
When did you order?

·
Registered
99 Posts
I got the call from my guide 3/10 and l had to switch from FE to BM interior to get it sooner. There are delays for FE and OC. They corrected the pricing in my account and it is locked. I'm still waiting for the PBA. My guide said I should get it today or tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts